I have been punked bigger than shit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been punked bigger than shit.

(copy and pasted from my facebook post about the subject - sorry if any weird formatting)

It's official - I have been pranked so hard that I concede to the better prankster and will not retaliate.

So this is what started it.

Chanel is a total germ-phobe and people constantly sit on her desk. They get up, she immediately Lysols the area. She was in a pretty bad accident recently and we wanted to show some love. So we threw together a quick video of us pranking her desk.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

[youtube]payRWfX__XE[/youtube]

What happened next was nothing short of hysterically funny.

I get an email this morning from her bosses boss (I'll leave the other names out) explaining that she was 'deeply upset' by my little prank and there was a letter of concern from a doctor that had been passed to our People Partners (HR basically) and that there were concerns around short term disability. That our People Partners wanted to see the video, the video was 'vulgar' and 'made her feel like this is a hostile work environment'. Also that I went too far and we need to have a serious talk.

The doctors note that was attached referenced her severe OCD and mysophobia and that she would need an additional 6 to 8 weeks of recovery time out of the office because of the incident.

At this point I am severely freaking out that I did something terrible to a friend and I feel like complete shit. The only way I can describe it is if you had put a banana peel out to prank someone and they broke their neck - that is how I felt. Phil (the star of the video) was also freaking out because we thought we had seriously hurt a friend.

Get to the office and there is an email from her boss explaining how much the video impacted her and while she was trying to see the humor in it, it was clear the video really bothered her. She wasn't the same person as before the accident. People team have been in contact, yada yada.

Now I'm absolutely miserable, I feel like the worst type of person in the world and am getting pretty upset about how badly I've made someone feel with my 'harmless joke'.

We finally all get together to talk about it (bosses boss, boss, Phil and I), I jump all over it about how bad I feel and how I'd never do anything to intentionally harm any of my friends, etc.. and her bosses boss (who had been keeping a remarkably well done straight face) tells us that he spoke with her last night and this morning and she just wanted us to know that 'SHE GOT YOU!'

I have to just applaud to the queen of the prank, the crown princess of the fast one. I concede that I have been bested and that I will not in the immediate future retaliate for a most perfectly executed prank. I feel emotionally spent and humbled.
Working...
X