hearse specs and pricing ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hearse specs and pricing ?s

Hey guys im n need of some help im always looking for hearse specs n order to try and figure out how much to pay and also wat parts i can use things like length weight what type of motor was it originaly equipped with when first made etc. and i also try and find out how to price these things i know theres alot of insane people who charge 50,000 for a rusted shell with no interior or nething under the hood i wanna learn the tricks to show them hey im no idiot i know what its worth and so i dont get taken advantage of either so please if ne one has ne insight advice tips whatever they can lend please do thanks take care

What generation are you focusing on?

50's, 60's, 70's etc etc

Are you looking for a side loader?

Perfectly restored? Ratrod?

There are so many variables, but everyone here on the board is happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by fangbanger View Post
      Hey guys im n need of some help im always looking for hearse specs n order to try and figure out how much to pay and also wat parts i can use things like length weight what type of motor was it originaly equipped with when first made etc. and i also try and find out how to price these things i know theres alot of insane people who charge 50,000 for a rusted shell with no interior or nething under the hood i wanna learn the tricks to show them hey im no idiot i know what its worth and so i dont get taken advantage of either so please if ne one has ne insight advice tips whatever they can lend please do thanks take care
      Only one period and it was to abbreviate etc.

Comment

Read Zacks hearse resources 2 clicks down from the message board, good stuff there.

Comment

"What's it worth?" is one of my favorite questions to answer.

My old roommate's dad had a '69 Mach 1 (351W, c4, 9", headers, cam, intake, etc.. apparently a low 13 second car when parked) that sat under a tree in the back yard - I offered him about $3k in cash one afternoon (nothing so pretty as the sight of 30 very crisp $100 bills) and he told me "That car is worth more than that." To which I replied "It ain't worth shit sitting in the back yard rotting" and he countered with "it's worth whatever the market will bear". That was 12 years ago, and the car is still rotting in the back yard, unmoved and getting worse by the day. So a few things have to be accounted for -

A) how much the seller wants the car. This could be a huge factor in selling it. My car (Morticia) has no dollar value to anybody but me, and it ain't for sale. If someone says 'everything has a price', you really have to start talking about levels of absurdity for the simple fact to prove that everyone has a price (like Jay Leno showing up with $100k in hand just to prove that I'd sell it), so if the seller only kind of wants to get rid of it, then the price is going to be higher - and if the car runs well, doesn't need much and isn't much of a hassle, then they are doubly not going to put much effort into getting rid of it at less than they wanted value.

B) How badly does the buyer want the car AND can spend on it. If your entire life has been spent in the pursuit of a '58 Plymouth Fury 2 door hard top sport coupe with a 350 gold commando, then the 'want' is there - if you have to make payments on a $500 car, you don't have much in the 'can spend' category to work with and no amount of 'want' is going to make it a reality (same philosophy applies in the 'you can do anything you want to if you set your mind to it!' only works on things that are feasible, you can't will yourself to fly or turn into a 3 peckered dragon and molest chinese school girls. If you have champagne tastes and beer salary, then learn to embrace the beer you can afford and not lust for the champagne you can't drink).

C) Timing. Barrett-Jackson has screwed the collector car market, and fortunately for us, they aren't selling off too many hearses. Some a-hole with a non-numbers matching '70 Malibu that put stripes and stickers on it, and an LS6 454 crate motor and a muncie 4 speed in an original automatic car does NOT make it worth $75K just because it's now almost a '70 chevelle supersport 4 speed, big block' car. B-J has done that to industry and people think their turd barge door factory (thanks HotRodWayne for the phrase) is worth it's weight in unobtainium.

So, in short - what year, what condition, and is there anything specific that you are looking for (if you say '60 crown royal limo, I'm pretty sure Atti will fight you for it)?

Comment

Great post Psychoholic and oh so true.

Had to lol @ if you say '60 crown royal limo, I'm pretty sure Atti will fight you for it

Comment

good shit to read

Comment

Working...
              X