Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graveyard Shift and other calendar events...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graveyard Shift and other calendar events...

Okie Dokie kiddies, I've got a long one for you. Lots to cover and lots to discuss, as well as a plea for information from some of you...

Old business...

BIER & PINS NIGHT!
    Alex, Larry, Cassidy, Dorothy, Sox + 1, Kym, Billy and JimBob showed up for this little event. Jackie showed up later. We had a MF'n BLAST bowling and dancing to the Time Warp. The rest of you missed it. We talked about this being a monthly or bi-monthly event on a Friday night. You weren't there to vote. If you don't like the idea, you are already out-voted 10-1. Tenative future dates are 6/27, 7/25, 8/29, 9/19

SHIRTS
    Did a test shot last night, but didn't like the results. I'm going to try another one tonight. If I like it, they will be available within the week. Pics follow availability. I'll post them on the website as well when it is back up.

WEBSITE
    If you aren't up to date yet with this, here is the lowdown. The server our website was on was de-comissioned. Shut down. No notice, no warning, no nothing. Every picture and every word stored on it were deleted. And not so much as a "sorry for your loss". Bastards. True enough, I should have backed it up. I have most of it on an obsolete computer that barely functions now. I will be recovering it in pieces. Slowly. I am however building the new site on this computer to be uploaded once the new server space is allocated and has Front Page tags installed. Estimated date of Grand Re-Opening: Dunno. In the meantime, send me your pics, bios and your FULL NAME/mailing address/phone number/coach descriptions/myspace info.

WINDOW DECALS
    A few of you have asked, and I keep looking for them. I still have them, still not sure where. I will let you know when I find them, and will bring them to the next function following that announcement. Prices vary on size. Available in black or white.

PATCHES
    Still have a few, and may be ordering some more. Kinda depends on how the shirt sales go. Available for $5 each in person or $6 shipped.

New Business...

GRAVEYARD SHIFT!
    It has been discussed recently that some would like to take on a local cemetery as a club charitable project. Go out and right some tombstones, pluck excess vegitation and general cleanup. While we are at it, we might take pictures of our coaches, rub some 'stones and picnic? Hmmm... food and dead people... who would mix those two??? Right now I am thinking July 5th or 6th. Just depends on how many of you are up to it. I will be checking the location out and make sure it's okay, but this is the one I'm looking at: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=5681&CScn=oakland&CScntry=4&CS st=46&

FANGTASTIC STAKE-OUT
    Steak is welcome, but this is about food on a stick, skewer, yanno, a stake... Anyway, since this involves a grill, we can't reasonably do this at a cemetery. Loud noises abound when we get together in private for a party, so it needs to be on private land. Our two options would be Lisa's place in the Celina area or the 13th Street Morgue / Reindeer Manor property in Lancaster/Desoto/Red Oak area. Food on a stake, your preferred beverage and music. No need to bring the coaches if gas is a problem, and still a kid-friendly event. Tenatively planning around Saturday August 9th.

HAUNTED HOUSE HEARSE OOOZE
    This happens around the time of year where a few of us get VERY involved with professional haunted attractions around the DFW area. Since Alex nor I can trek to other haunts except during "Hell Week" we think having a hearse cruise at 13th Street Morgue is a dandy idea. Bring your coach to display on the midway ALL NIGHT (6pm-3am) and we will provide you with 2 complimentary passes to the attractions at the Reindeer Complex. Food on site is cheap and the crowds LOVE the coaches. A few of you might like to come scare in the BEST DAMN HAUNTED HOUSE IN TEXAS, dress up in your ghoulish best and haunt the crowds, or just hang out! Since some of you work on the weekends, we may be doing this both Friday and Saturday instead of just one night. Just depends on whether that is cool with the property ownership... Tenative dates are either September 26-27, October 3-4 or October 10-11. This really depends on when the majority can make it, so let me know...

Anything I have forgotten? Tell me and I will make a semi-formal announcement. When the website is up again, I will be posting all of this to various pages on our calendar.

I love this club like I love a girl in a bathtub full of ice...
    Larry
Working...
X