Important news about the leadership of Dead Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important news about the leadership of Dead Ends

So I've been thinking about this for a while now and I've decided to step down as president of Dead Ends and hand the reigns over to the new El Presidente - Ryan Ricks.

I will retain my position as 'emperor for life' and get to keep my veto rights if something is so f'd up that I'd need it (which I doubt) and I'll keep as one of the 3 horsemen of the NHAA.

Dead Ends deserves more attention than I can give, and I've got a promotion coming down the pipe that is probably going to take up what little extra time I've got as it is and I wouldn't want to do anything that would negatively impact the club.

Why Ryan? Ryan has proven himself over and over again to be a positive person, reliable, stable, energetic and able to make decisions. I think that he'll be an excellent leader and I'm really excited about it.

So everyone welcome our new Cap'n to his role and give him any support that he needs to be successful.

Ganci

i look forward to seeing what we can accomplish. as far as my "inaugural address," here is my plan:

1. get a contact list of everyone's email, cell, and facebook. i feel like there are a lot of members that don't check the boards regularly. Also, if you have the contact information of someone who doesn't log in here regularly, please forward it to me via PM.

2. Meet monthly - even if it's only hanging out at sonics. please suggest ideas. i know we have a trip to the micro-car museum, and another trip to Dave's on the table - specifically with outdoor movies. This month we've just had monster bash, and there is teh rockabilly luau on the 18th - i have asked to see if hearses will be welcome. I do think we need a low-key meeting at sonic's soon to discuss stuff.

2.4782. Standardize on a dead ends logo and come up with some swag. I have relationships with embroiderers through the Walton County Chamber of Commerce.

3. Start some annual event - we need some kind of annual thing *other* than monster bash. Preferably something not during the daytime in the summer, and also preferably something that will be fun and not break the bank.

4. Figure out how to grow the membership while avoiding the delta bravos and the delta quebecs.

Comment

Congrats Ryan, very much deserved!

Also when it comes to shirts, one of the local Ghostbusters happens to work at a screenprinter which is how we get our GaGB shirts done, so there's yet another clothing option.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
        Standardize on a dead ends logo and come up with some swag.
        We need jacket patches dammit! something to let everyone know we mean business... oh and we should probably make people have to earn their leather. (no homo)

Comment

in case you didn't see it in the other thread or on facebook, Chris Mattox approved us to attend the rockabilly luau.

That is only two weeks away, so let's focus on that. if any of you have contact information for people who don't regularly show up here, that would be great, like tony, kevin dispain, etc, etc, please forward to me in a PM.

Comment

Working...
          X