curtains rods for 68 MM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curtains rods for 68 MM

A friend of mine needs a couple of the curtain rods for her 68 Miller Meteor hearse. She also needs pictures of how the curtains are mounted.

There should be odd looking round "buttons" in the top & bottom corners. They aren't buttons though, they're machined round with a groove cut in them. Miller-Meteor curtain rods are flat steel & not round... and the ends have a "C" notch cut into them so that when you put curtains on the rods you have to bow them slightly in the center & slip the ends into the side of the notched round pieces. Here's one pic for you of my '67 M-M... you can see the flat curtain rod & kinda see the round steel piece it hooks into. And once you get both ends in... you hook the flat rod under the center hook to help keep their shape.

Comment

Here's a better shot of the curtain rod end & the round piece they hook into. Also notice the rods aren't just straight across... they step out slightly just beyond the corner fasteners. This pic is from a '68 M-M here in Ohio

Last edited by hotroddwayne; 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

My hearse has the same flat rods. So I was thinking might have been used for a few years. The only thing she needs is the rods, she has the buttons. I think she only need one or two of the flat rods. On the side windows there are two hooks on each window, that look like a round rod would set in to hold the middle curtain. That is different than mine. She is going to send pictures and I will post them.
        Last edited by Abnorml; 07-11-2010, 11:04 AM. Reason: added a sentence

Comment

The round rods held the valances... flat rods were for the curtains. I have 2 round rods she can have if she needs them but it would probably be easier to make a set, they're just solid round stock steel & were for the fancy top valances you see in the 2nd pic posted.

Comment

Do the round rods just sit on the hooks? My hearse has the round rods, but they go into holes on the sides, no hooks.

Comment

I had some rods made, and got a few from the salvage yard. email me at russ85747@hotmail.com

Comment

I have to find out which ones she needs. I know she needs the round ones, but I don't know how many of the flat ones she needs, I think only one or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnorml View Post
                  Do the round rods just sit on the hooks? My hearse has the round rods, but they go into holes on the sides, no hooks.
                  The original valances had the rod run through them at the top... and then they snapped to the window frames on the sides to kinda stretch them tight. That's how the round rods stayed in place on my '67 M-M combo anyway.

Comment

I also had some round mounts made too.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro View Post
                      I also had some round mounts made too.
                      Thanks, I will find out what she needs. I will give her your email.

Comment

Working...
                      X