What I have been working on lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I have been working on lately

Decided I NEEDED an AR type rifle. After a lot of research on various brands and models I figured it would be best to build my own.
    So first I bought a stripped AR lower receiver from a local gun store.

Spike's Tactical lower.

Then bought the parts kit a few weeks later and assembled the lower.

Then I got all impatient and bought a complete upper receiver, 16" barrel carbine length gas system, I was going to buy this all separate and do it myself but you know how it is.

Here is the mostly complete gun, still need rear sights.

And here it is beside my AK

dec112 001.jpgdec12 025.jpgdec12 028.jpgdec12 029.jpgdec12 031.jpg

I will probably change a few things after I put some lead through it and get a feel for how it handles.

Last edited by LMS; 12-18-2012, 10:02 PM.

looks good. i'm thinking about going for more of the A2 style whenever i decide to get one.

Comment

Go here, look at the parts they have for good prices and build one.
      They even have an indoor range and it's just down the road from you.

Trading Place Pawn is a local pawn shop in Monroe GA. We buy and sell guns, ammunition, and more. Visit us today! - Magpul - Bulk Ammo - Guns For Sale

Comment

I can't see any pictures except the gun rights one. Hurray for that BTW.

Comment

I can't see any pictures except the gun rights one
          Hmmm, I can see them all on my screen, logged off or logged in.

Comment

Well I can see the links when I reply to you with quote and then view the source. However when I copy/paste and the follow the link in the address bar I'm presented with a 1x1 .gif image.

Comment

If you want one you should at least go buy a stripped lower receiver now in case there is another ban. If they do a ban like last time you will want a pre-ban lower you can build how you want instead of a crappy dressed down gun.
              Also if a new ban happens the pre-ban stripped lowers will instantly double or triple(or more) in value so you could make a profit selling it.
              If no ban happens just build the gun when you have extra cash for the parts.

And in the very slight chance of a total ban, all I have to say is...

Molon Labe

[YOUTUBE]jpUVQ_z6Zcs[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Love this.

[YOUTUBE]evEg1VNfX3o[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

That is pretty good.

Comment

i guess i need to think about picking up that lower...

Comment

I think that this is about the only way I'd be able to justify the cost of one - I'm going to buy the lower receiver next payday.

Comment

This is my friend's lower recevier.

Randall's lower.jpg

Comment

EVERYONE who like's, want's or owns guns needs to be writing, e-mailing, and calling their reps in congress and demand that NO new bans be passed.

If they hear from enough people they will do what we say.

You can google Georgia (or your state) represenatives and get a list, then click on their web sites and hit the contact button to e-mail them. writing them on paper is better, and calling is the best way, even if you just leave a message.

Here is a decent site for finding your reps.

Comment

this guy did not just buy a lower and three mags, nope! not me!

Comment

this guy didn't also just buy a full standard A2 upper half

Comment

Working...
                              X