64 M&M restor/mod rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 M&M restor/mod rod

Here are some updated pics of my 64 M&M combination. I got done with the diamond plate today. All that is left for the inside is the front and back headliners, then get the seat re-upholstered.

Before and after pics. Most of the wood in the rear floor was rotted and some was still pretty wet. 3/4 of the original wood was tore out. Most of the sheet metal was rusted, but all was just surface rust. Nothing some rust converter didnt cure. Im an ex auto body man, so the outside is next up, and I cant wait to get her painted up and looking good as new.

Last edited by CHAINSAW; 05-26-2007, 06:48 PM.

More before shots

Comment

Now for some after shots.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I know there is a lot,.. but Im kinda like a proud dad.. she is my baby.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Fucking awesome job!
                Is all that fresh re-upholstery or is some of the vinyl dyed?

Comment

All the vinyl is dyed. Almost all of the upholstery was good.. including the seat. However I have special plans for the front seat and a design for it, so thats why I didnt dye it as well. A king size sheet will work for now. Thanks for the compliments

Comment

That looks fuckin' sweet with diamond plate! Nice job.

Comment

amazing!

Comment

awesome mods.

Comment

I like that A LOT.

I think the best part, honestly is that you didn't do some high priced restoration costing several thousands of dollars, you worked with what you had and made it awesome. I HATE when I see someone who has a hearse that in all honesty is really in pretty decent shape talking about how they are going to do a complete restoration and I wonder "WHY!? It's not that bad to begin with!?" and I wish they'd just spend the time to touch up the good parts of the car.

Oh yeah, and that diamond plate? Hell yeah. That goes right into my "Dammit, why didn't I think of that" folder. Sweet.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. Im not the kinda guy to keep shit original. Im the skulls, fire, diamond plate kinda guy and this car will reflect all that when its finished. Im extremely happy with the results, especially since I only have a few hundred wrapped up in redoing the interior. I found a lady in town that will redo my front seat, and Im guessing she will charge a couple hundred because she just does it part time.

Comment

if you dont mind me asking, how much did just the diamond plate cost you?

Comment

Working...
                              X