hello new member here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello new member here

hello group. I have a 1959 mercury memphian ambulance that I rescued from a junkyard in Duncan, Oklahoma. It was originally purchased by the city of Anadarko, Oklahoma as a fire-rescue ambulance. mainly used on local reservation calls. the merc was junked in 1976. I collect 1959 mercurys and was told about it's existance in 1995. It took 2 years of searching out leads to find it. Once I saw it, it took another 3 years for the junkyard to dig it out. this ambulance was not made from a stationwagon. Memphian started with a Monterey 4 door sedan. I hope to start work on it next month now that i have found a donor parts car. i posted some pictures. thanks alphues
    Attached Files

Very cool, Salute your dedication in restoring this, be sure and let us see it when its finish, oh ya and welcome

Comment

Welcome to the Kaos

Comment

That is absoletely amazing. Finding a ford or mercury pro-car in itself is an amazing task. I can't wait to see the progress pics. My hat goes off to you for undertaking such a restoration.

Comment

Truely a rare find. Welcome to the site and post progress pics along the way, I like that coach.

Comment

What a roofline!!!! Incredible cool ambulance, I have never seen anything like it. Good luck and welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X