No announcement yet.

Rear seating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wanting to put a back seat in our 59 hearse. But I want to do it in a way that doesnt fully compromise the look of the hearse. Like have section of the table that is removable and replacable and level with the back of the back suicide doors. Have a full bench fold down and pop up seat like some wagons have. Havent worked out the nuts n bolts of the idea yet. Just want it to look like a hearse in the back when it should, and have a usable seat for the other times. I dont even know whats under the table section yet. Maybe it isnt workable ?

Comment

I got my station wagon seat in and almost finished. I'll clean her up and take some pics soon. I just need to find a place to put the spare. I wish I could find a dounut that would fit and hold her weight. That was I can mount it standing up behind one of the rear fender wells so it would be out of the way of the casket table.

Comment

Hey '59. Why not take that divider console and refab it so it has a fold down jump seat?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
          Hey '59. Why not take that divider console and refab it so it has a fold down jump seat?
          Yeah, Thats the plan, kind of, so hopefully it will work out. BUT it has to face the front by law here. The box section you see at the moment houses the spare wheel behind the front seat and some speakers for a sound system, but that can all go. We need to find a suitable fold down seat that will fit, facing forward ( not many cadillac spares over here or seats big enough or wide enough ) and have legroom for people, and fold flat enough to replace the table in the back when seats not in use. Either hinge the table section. or have a removable and replaceable section. A brainstorming session needed and dissassembling some things to see whats underneath the floor section and if the space is there. ing the

Comment

I'll trade you. I have a 65 combo with jumpseats

Comment

Originally posted by spastic_chicken View Post
              I'll trade you. I have a 65 combo with jumpseats
              Ummm....let me think about that for awhile......

NO.

Older classic hearses over here in Australia are a really rare item. If I lived in the US I KNOW I would have half a dozen at least and pay far less for them too. But I notice prices on some models are creeping up a bit as well.
              We went on a hotrod cruise on Sunday and did the slow crawl down the yuppie "coffee strips" of certain city streets as part of the run. There were people lined up to take photos by camera and phone...it was quite funny
              and then you get the people who want photos of themselves laying down in the back ....hmmm.

Comment

I finally took some pics of the station wagon seat. Really couldn't get a good angle for a pic, but here you go....
                New Seat:

Again:

From the rear, New seat folded down with matress in place:

With Matress deflated and seat up, hidden trap door to store tools:

Comment

That looks SWEEEEEEET

Comment

Working...
                  X