New Job....new hearse!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job....new hearse!!

Could not stand retirement but for a couple of weeks!! I now work for a local funeral home and have started my apprenticeship for embalmer. We already have had 9 services so I am getting my feet wet (or should I say soaked).

Along with the job I figured what the hell and traded in a few of my older coaches to Carl (CW Coach) for one I can use on first calls and funerals if needed. She will be used on Monday for a funeral actually.

Not to worry (Dead Ends gang) -- the '64 Superior is still the flagship of the household and will make the trek to MonsterBash in 2008!!

Rick
    Attached Files

interesting. how old of a coach would they let you use in service? or does it depend more on condition?

Comment

Originally posted by JustGrim View Post
      Could not stand retirement but for a couple of weeks!! I now work for a local funeral home and have started my apprenticeship for embalmer. We already have had 9 services so I am getting my feet wet (or should I say soaked).

Along with the job I figured what the hell and traded in a few of my older coaches to Carl (CW Coach) for one I can use on first calls and funerals if needed. She will be used on Monday for a funeral actually.

Not to worry (Dead Ends gang) -- the '64 Superior is still the flagship of the household and will make the trek to MonsterBash in 2008!!

Rick
      that kicks ass Rick good luck

i'm going to get started helping around a home up in my little crack of a town on weekend services ... (got to keep the full time gig the biz is dead in a small town)

and Ryan my 70 is offered if any family wants a older cool car for a service ... im needing to get her a splash of paint before she sees any services ... but they say if we get a military service it will be a good coach to use with the landau panels out so the flag draped coffin can be seen ... i just hope we never need it for that ....

Comment

Nice ride man, I would like a newer fuel injected model myself just for a daily driver.

Comment

Very nice looking newer coach. What did you trade into him?

Comment

lets see....been off line a day and need to catch up here:

Ryan--once I get those dents and body rot taken care of in the '64 she will go back to her original black paint. She is sound mechanically now with the rebuilt 429, radiator, new brake system and electric fuel pump. I just finished removing the wrinkle finish roof (a bitch let me tell you--only that aircraft paint remover works guys--she just grinned at the walmart stuff and spit it back) and tackled the rust beneath. After many hours of sanding, grinding, and body prep the new shiny black top looks great. The owner of the Funeral Home said once she was completed we would offer the Last Ride in her in addition to the regular fleet. So I guess it is whatever the family is okay with can be used for a service. It would not surprise me to see the older ones listed with a higher hearse rental price than the new ones.

Dave--Just when I was getting close to the number of hearses you had.....

David--This one gets around 18 mpg so I am happy considering one of the three I traded in got about 8!!! Plus it has great AC and rides like a dream. I really like the look of the older hearses and will never be without the '64 (I was given the scoop on her location from Mindticor a few years back on this site).

Bob--Carl got 3 of my babies. I really hated to trade in my '81 Superior 3-way but I was looking at some body work soon considering she was out of Wisconsin. The '70 Superior combo went as well as the '76 S&S Centennial model. I would not hesitate to travel from here in KY to CA in any of the three. I know the '76 did not last a day before someone put her on hold. The others are not on Carls list yet but anyone interested can inquire from him. All three had under 75k on each. This new one is at 45k which was another reason for trading.

Comment

i'd love to have the '81.

Comment

I am partial to 76s myself

Comment

i loved the '81 3-way

Comment

i'm going to get started helping around a home up in my little crack of a town on weekend services ... (got to keep the full time gig the biz is dead in a small town)

i stopped in at clermont last week they had the black s & s out front 67 maybe, they were going to use it in a service. i tried to talk him into a trade for my 88 , he said he'd think about it but i'm not getting my hopes up

Comment

Working...
                    X