Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for Bob Kinee

Check this baby out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ejbUHlLtg

THere's a guy around here called Sick Rick. Apparently he has bought from Australia and restoreing the actual Mad Max Interceptor, the family Station Wagon, and I believe there was a third Mad Max vehicle. We tried to get him to bring at least one to MonsterBash or DragonCon.

Comment

I want one...

Comment

Pretty Cool aren't they.

Comment

My friggin God listen to that supercharger....What a great car.

Comment

The blower is actaully fake. The rotors/roots inside are removed and the belt is spun by an electric motor. One hell of a mock-up though.
            A set up with a real blower that can be switched on and off like the movie is impossible. When the roots are not spinning, air and fuel are unable to get past them and in to the cylinder heads.

Notice in this video that the blower speed does not change with the engine rpm.
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The blower is not fake on the one in the video christine posted...it even says it in the heading....that blower ios real my friend....just listen.

Comment

I fuggen love that sound.

Comment

The blower is not fake on the one in the video christine posted...it even says it in the heading....that blower ios real my friend....just listen.
                  The blower is on the car, so I guess that makes it real. But I will offer up my left testicle that the blower in non-functional. The guts have been removed to mimick the one on the movie. Did you look at the 2nd video? When the blower is "activated" there is no change in engine rpm. A sudden surge of boost would make a dramatic change to the rpm's. Also, the noise from a big blower comes from the belt riding on the pulleys, not the rotors spinning inside.
                  I was a crewchief on a dragster for over 15 years. Trust me, I have been around and worked on these kind of engines for years. There are only a few engines out there that have the ability to turn the supercharger on and off. Those type of blowers offer very little gain in performance. (older Toyota MR2 is one example).

Comment

Big...i think you are missing something there. The car in the video is a guy who makes REPLICAS of the movie car. This isn't the acutla movie car itself. Also...the title of the first vid reads as "Mad Max Interceptor with REAL Blower & Scott EFI Unit"

Now I am not questioning the movie car itself...I am very aware fo the fake blower on that one...I chuckle everytime I see it. It could be done using a AC style pulley with the kick off/on feature but in all likelyhood it would nap the crank off, lol.

The second video, the one you posted up isn't even the same guy as the first vid. Its in the "related" videos, not the ones by the same guy. This was posted by someone else. Its a different car from the one riding down the road. We are comparing two different cars here.

Comment

Working...
                    X