Tulsa Raceway Park's FIRST EVER "Pro-Car Shootout!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa Raceway Park's FIRST EVER "Pro-Car Shootout!"

Tulsa Guy and I are also members of a local-ish forum with car guys & racers & hotrod folks. Last weekend was their second get-together at the dragstrip. We got the Family Car done just in time -- seriously, got the parts back from the paint shop Saturday morning, got it together, and went to the dragstrip Sunday afternoon.

I was told that we "probably had the first limo, and definitely the first hearse" to race at Tulsa Raceway Park. We made three passes together, and though neither of us is a highly experienced drag racer, I'd say we were both fairly consistent in our respective cars -- with the limo being a bit faster than the hearse... Clay made a fourth pass in the hearse without another racer in the other lane just 'cause the lady who was running the computer in the tower insisted that we take the starting-line worker for a ride 'cause he was "kinda freaked out about that hearse out there."

In the interest of makin' the most of "The Heebie-Jeebie Factor," I strapped my helmet-cam onto the driver's side sunvisor and aimed it at the shotgun seat -- then I got in the back with plans to reach through the bulkhead and slide my arm down his chest just as soon as we got rollin'. Man, it's hot back there with no air movin'... Anyway, he saw me before I could reach for him, and I guess it's a good thing, 'cause it gave me a chance to scoot over against the hardware and keep from gettin' slung to the back door when we took off.

He was a good sport about it though, and we had a great time!

In-Hearse Camera Screen-Grab:

From the tower:

From the stands:

I have more pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/twentyc...7620598012391/

And Clay's brother caught our first pass on video:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That kicks ass!

So what did the coach run?

Comment

First pass: 20.76 seconds at 65.76 mph
      Limo ran 19. 17 at 72.94mph

Second pass: hearse-20.02 66.14 mph
      Limo ran 18.54 at 74.87mph

Third pass: 21.91 at 62.54 mph
      Limo ran 19.19 at 68.44 mph

Comment

The third pass was really just to get that "In-Hearse-Camera" shot, I wasn't pushin' it too hard.

Comment

very kOoL...

Comment

That is great!! I love people that think like I do..."if we had two of these we could race em"!!!! I'm trying to get Las Vegas Motor Speedway to let me pace our Halloween race with my hearse.

Comment

Oho yeah!!! Hearse as pace car = freakin' awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
              X