Cash for Clunkers Hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash for Clunkers Hearse

Went back to the Pull-a-Part looking for stuff for Debbie's Mark VIII today, I knew there was an old Corvair there too I was gonna' check out........
    I came across this '94 Suburban hearse, and forgot about the Corvair! Someone actually turned it in to the C4C Program. Front clip and all the dash was missing, but all the hearse hardware was still there, rollers, nameplate holders, gurney cups, one beir pin, the interior window upholstery and both landau bars. Second score of hearse/ambulance swag in two weeks.

Did you get any pictures before you stripped it? Don't see many Suburban hearses.
    Great find.

Comment

The one time I turn up something that cool, I didn't have my camera with me, got a bunch with the phone, I'll see if we can transfer 'em.

Comment

If thats the one I'm thinkin of, it sat on craigslist for awhile but I didn't have the cash to snatch it up. Thought it would make a nice addition though.

Comment

Here's a shot from before we started pullin' parts...

It had a tag tied onto the AC Compressor from a Honda dealership in Tulsa. The whole "Cash For Clunkers" deal just bugs the p!s$ outta me -- somebody traded that in for a Honda, okay, their personal decision, whatever. It's the shameless DESTRUCTION of good cars & parts that could keep somebody on the road for less money that bothers me. Somewhere there's a small business losing money and about to go under 'cause they needed a cheap small-block to keep their delivery truck going, but noooooooo, they can't buy that one 'cause the government locked it up to try and force everybody to make several thousand dollars worth of payments on a new Prius instead of spending a few hundred bucks on keeping their ol' Chevy going.

(((okay, okay, I'll stop...)))

Comment

thats a cool find and the C2C thing is a damn shame

Comment

looking for hearse floor hardware

Comment

Try placing a wanted ad, be specific, and be sure to include your location.

Comment

you can always buy new hardware here: http://www.hearseparts.com/products.html

Comment

I've only seen the Suburban hearses way back in the mountains. Mainly because of the 4x4 option.

Comment

We see them around here sometimes for first call vehicles mostly.

Comment

Working...
                      X