Dodge Hearse Anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Hearse Anyone

Anyone have one and want to post up some pics?
    2304.jpg

Like that I LOVE that soooo cool and even better its a DODGE Also anyone have some specs of any dodge hearse like motor size power type of tranny stuff like that thks!

What year is it? I like it. My hearse is a Caddy, but I have a 76 Chrysler NYB, the "rolling bordello" model that I'm fond of.

Somewhere I have a whole bunch of information on these engines, cam specs and stuff, because I rebuilt mine into a repro of the 440 Magnum engine. I would guess that you have a 383, 400, or 440. You can find a lot of information about engine identification on these cars if you do a search. The 400 and 440 are difficult to tell apart, but somewhere there is a link about the difference you can see in the head. Look for "R" vs. "RB" engine (some people call the RB the "raised block" because it humps up a little higher to accomodate a longer stroke). I would be willing to bet that you have a 727 transmission as well.

My understanding is that Mopar hearses are station wagon conversions and they did not build a commercial chassis, but I've been waiting for someone to confirm or deny that for me. There is a heavy-duty suspension option that was available for all of the full-sized Chrysler models, and if you have that, be aware that the torsion bar is different. One way to tell is that the leaf springs will have six leaves instead of five.

Enjoy the Dodge! I'm not an expert, but I can sometimes help with things like electrical problems.

-d

Comment

I'm still convinced I saw a non-station wagon, raised-roof Chrysler coach for a friend in the 70's but cannot confirm it anywhere on the interweb.

Comment

I WISH I had that haha if I found one n had the cash id by it right then as for engine identification no problem im into working on trucks dodge mostly and if I dont know it I can for the most part find out from friends and forums.
        My understanding is that Mopar hearses are station wagon conversions and they did not build a commercial chassis
        didnt know that might be able to dig up some info on this now thks for the info. As for what year it is did some digging and found its a 60's pic I found didnt say what year.

Comment

Working...
        X