No announcement yet.

Overly offensive/wrong hearse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, I worked with a janitorial company about 7 years ago, had to defunk a two-story house that a shut-in passed away in..... That smell can be quite overpowering, and it's amazing how it lingers... might not be worth it

Comment

OK, I just got an epiphany! Set up a big charcoal barbecue in the back with ribs and burgers and turn it into a smokehouse for an hour. You'll get hungry every time you drive it instead of throwing up. I'll bring the potato salad.

Comment

Well... that depends... Cole slaw or potato salad?? Either way I dig

Comment

Not opposed to a less-glamorous more-rugged deck that will withstand rigors of transporting large neon signs or hauling vintage car parts. Now where can I find used bowling lane slats?

Comment

Picture aluminum diamond plate with recessed d-rings. Much lighter than wood also.

Comment

Originally posted by Atti View Post
              Not opposed to a less-glamorous more-rugged deck that will withstand rigors of transporting large neon signs or hauling vintage car parts. Now where can I find used bowling lane slats?

A Friend of mine just put a rugged looking deck in the bed of a '50 model rat rod truck project he was working on. He used cedar fence planks that were only about $1 a board. It really turned it out cool.

Comment

Update: Asking price higher and requiring more work than had anticipated. The entire rear compartment interior has to go - with the exception of headliner (which no doubt is still permeated). Risk/reward factor is relatively high; the smell may never leave. My goal is to drop it to an acceptable level (like 10%) then burn a favorable incense (french vanilla?) relentlessly on a brick in the stripped back until it overpowers decomp, trading smell for smell.

That's the plan anyway.

Turns out having a slide out table. This complicates deck removal/ possible replacement.

Guess what is under the slide out portion? More dead maggots than one can count.

But wait! It doesn't stop here... In proving we all make mistakes, before taking the above pictures, I did something absurd without thinking. I mean - who doesn't check underfloor compartments for church trucks and stuff??? The problem? WAY too close to an area saturated with corpse juice that had NOT been ventilated at all. First time I almost blew chunks while passing out simultaneously. Guess my face was hilarious as 2 witnesses were in stitches.

Hence need to shitcan entire rear compartment.

Found perfect set of name plates that fit my sense of humor.

As time passes, the story behind coach will always remain interesting. But if a mason jar can capture this stench to enhance...then I'll really have something.

Comment

Oh wow. Thats crazy. I bet it was hilarious to watch you naively shove your head in that compartment looking for treasures! Haha! Thanks for the update. Such an interesting story.

Comment

Bet you jerked back like something bit you

Comment

Dead maggots. It sounds like they died from the smell themselves. God bless ya brother.

Comment

Atti should of headed the warning of when White Wiggle Rice turns to Brown Rice. The situation has turned critical and your instinctually alarmed to De-Ass the Premises.

I will attest to witness, his Chin Brow did kinda wilt as the head was brought a little too close to the floor compartment. This car's rear is definately Gag A Maggot Material.

Comment

Atti, you're going to have to pressurize the interior with a bleach/water mixture. Probably 5 - 7 psi, to keep the window seals from blowing. That trading smell for smell ain't going to work...you'll just get stuck with eau de french zombie hooker all over. If you can't find the means to pressurize that interior, can you get your hands on a smut pot?

Comment

So did you buy it or what? As for the situation with that coach... I doubt you'd ever be able to be rid of the smell, no matter what you do. All you have to do is smell that once & you'll NEVER forget it... ever. I've read stories of cars being gutted to bare bones after someone died in them... and even after total rebuild the cars get passed around like a $3 whore because the smell impregnates everything & is just nauseating.

Never told this before, but there's an upstairs apartment here in my building. A co-worker rented it & fell on hard times over an ex-girlfriend. He died up there of a drug overdose & had wrapped himself up in blankets before doing it. I found him 5 days later & it's something i'll never forget as long as I live. No bodily fluids leaked into the carpet as the blankets & futon absorbed it all... but to this day I still get a whiff of that shit even here on the main level and that was 2 years ago. Make that thing a flower car & hope for the best!

Comment

Appreciate the input all.

Tonight I consulted with a biotrauma remediation professional. There is a clean concise methodology involved ending with an ozone machine that guarantees smell removal. I received recommendations on which ozone machines (and why) as well. Online rental companies are an option but I have not located a service that has the recommended ozone machines available.

May buy one. Good thing to have around that'll also destroy pet odors (and smoke, mold, etc.) too. Dwayne, if/when I reach this point - you're welcome to borrow.

Up until now I thought this would be a decent challenge that may end in epic fail. Although not excited per se, I am confident that one will never know the difference after completing process.
                              Last edited by 60Crown; 06-15-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Good luck on that one Atti...

Comment

Working...
                                X