No announcement yet.

Overly offensive/wrong hearse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funeral home I worked for had a van that carried a bad decomp case and we could not get the odor out, the only way to get it to were we could stand to drive it was stripp it down to the metal spray it with bleach and close it up for about a week it the hottest part of summer time. It actually worked, this was recommended by an old funeral home owner that dealt with a lot of transport. Or you could always cut the roof off and make you one of those big "el caminos" everyone likes.

Comment

Rounded an aisle @ a busy flea market this morning and an item of beauty was staring me down:

Vintage German self contained emergency 4 hour air supply, complete with all gauges and full tanks. Love the aluminum backpack shell. Bring on corpse juice!!!

Comment

Problem solved!

Comment

That will look extra suspicious when driving... I like it

Comment

Just throwing this out there.....
            After stripping ALL porous materials, could you spray something that acts like Killz to "seal" the remaining surfaces?

Comment

Careful Atti, some Ecto driver might try to snatch that from you to build a "proton pack"...lol!

Comment

So, I just happen to be watching an alternate youtube video on the story of this hearse and all of a sudden I see a shot of a '70 model hearse. I wonder if this place managed to stay in business and if not, what happened to the '70?

Comment

Yea the video I saw it was a 69 or 70 parked next to a blue colorado odr canyon...could barley see it and only for a secone..good eye!

Comment

Check out around :03 you can barely see the nose sticking out, but at :32 and :56 you get a nice view of the ass. Looks to be pretty nice.

Comment

Oh wow yea that's a different video. The video I saw was just the front clip for a sec
                      That's a swet 70. They focus on it in that video so you couldn't tell which hearse the body was in...

Comment

That 70 doesn't have any plates. Maybe retired and just sitting there.....Hmmm.....

Comment

Any progress on the smell?

Comment

I wouldn't be too confident about getting the smell out. I had a 78 deVille with one of those nasty pine tree "air fresheners" in it, which makes your car smell like rotting evaporator case, mold, cheap perfume, and pine trees. After I parted it out, the shell sat for months with no interior parts in it, and all four doors off, and I could still smell it when I stuck my head inside.

Comment

If you mangage to get the smell out let me know how you did it. I really doubt its possible. I bought my first 60 Buick in 1996 about a year after it had a body sit in if for a few days, just long enough for fluids to soak into the foam under the vynal seat. I gutted the car of all interior, sound proofing and trunk lining. I tried bleach and a pressure washer, air fresheners, sanitizers and the car has had a window down for the last 15 years. The car still stinks.

Good luck.

Comment

Been holding off with an update as I wanted to wait until after Halloween to gut it. After airing out for a few months, the smell is honestly down to 30% of what it was initially already. Off to a good start. Now to start stripping before it turns cold this season permanently. Will probably start a how to thread chronicling that endeavor.

In the meantime, placed some pics here:

Comment

Working...
                                X