A beer thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beer thread!

I discovered that I have a mild allergy to beer and it's most pronounced when I drink less expensive beers for some reason (my beloved High Life and PBR actually make me feel awful). I started drinking slightly better beer (which I acknowledge is subjective) and feel better.

In this quest for better beer, I've also discovered a love for... THE GROWLER.

The growler is a 64 ounce bottle that you can get filled at a growler store, and fortunately for me, they are showing up all over the place. Sweet Jack just had a deal for this place:

And we got a growler, 2 pint glasses and a fill for $16.

Lately I've been going between Arrogant Bastard Ale (personal favorite), Sweetwater 420 and Terrapin Ale.

What is your beer of choice and are you considering more adventurous beers in the future?

Went to that beer spot, bought a growler of Terrapin Road Warrior which is a Kolsch. Pretty tasty stuff.

Comment

i like the following: guiness, blue moon, hoegaarden, yuengling, and pretty much anything german, particularly the dark ones. my absolute favorites are dark, unfiltered wheat beers (dünkle hefeweizen), which i don't even think you can get on this side of the atlantic.

i will only drink guiness on draft, so if i'm after bottles it's usually blue moon or yuengling since those two are the easiest to get.

Comment

You might dig on Spaten Dunkel, it's a pretty nice dark beer that isn't too terribly hoppy. I had some the other day and it was solid.

Comment

i've had spaten before, but i don't recall seeing the dark version. i'll keep a look out next time i'm in the beer isle.

really i'm up for pretty much anything deliciously crafted. blue moon should have their pumpkin harvest out before too much longer, also beck's oktoberfest.

Comment

IMG_5855.jpg

Comment

oooooh

Comment

Kilkennys Irish Cream Ale is my favorite. Outside of that, I'll drink most anything I can't see through though I have a fondness for Shocktop and Sam Adams' Summer Ale.

Comment

I don't drink, but figured you might appreciate this:

You can also make them backgrounds for your android devices using this app:

Yeah that's all I have.

Comment

I had a Dogfish 60 Minute last night, mighty tasty.

Also of note for locals (Loganville specifically), my buddy Joey Holmes (who I used to play bass for in the death metal band 'There Will Be Blood') is taking over half of the American Tavern in Loganville and opening the Devil's Fiddle Brewpub and will be serving his own beers and BBQ. I had the RPA (Rye Pale Ale) and the IPA last night and they were AMAZING. I also tried the BBQ sauce that he makes (from scratch) and they are also out of control good. They'll start with the BBQ menu on the 11th of this month and will have a beer tasting that night (Dead Ends will be at a haunted hotel, but others might want to go).

Comment

I don't drink beer, but where there is BBQ I too can be found at times. For if there is a God surely BBQ is one one of his/her greatest gifts to man.
                      We should plan a club gathering there sometime.

Comment

Man, too bad on the allergy. Its been so damn hot, that I've been drinking frozen drinks after work. The beer can wait ill it cools down.

Comment

*bump*

Just got home from the Devil's Fiddle Beer Lounge, Joey is working on having 100+ craft beers in stock at all times and will be serving his awesome beers from time to time too. The Shepherd's Pie was probably the second best I've ever had (Brickstore in Decatur has the best), and they have a Guiness Irish Stew this weekend too.

Joey also said that if Dead Ends ever wants to just come up there and hang out on the weekend, he'll block us off parking in the front and hook us up. He's a good dude and definitely one of our people, so I am happy to patronize his spot.

Comment

Do Little Kings count? A case or two of those and the stars start lining up.

Comment

perhaps i should get married so i can have a full time designated driver

Comment

Working...
                              X