Daylight Savings Time and Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Savings Time and Halloween

Congress recently passed a bill to extend Daylight Savings Time into November. One of the backers of this bill was the confectionary industry, hoping to sell a few more candies during an extra hour of daylight trick-or-treating. As we all know, this is ridiculus! Halloween needs to be celebrated at night, IN THE DARK.

A petition to repeal DST has been created on the White House web site. If it receives enough signatures, the White House will review it and respond. You can view and sigh the petition here: http://wh.gov/RpXq

Please pass this along to everyone you know that is a fan of Halloween.

Happy Haunting!

Oh no no no... we can't risk our precious children wandering around outside, in costumes, in the DARK! What are you thinking man? LOL

Stuff like this is why the world is so fucked up these days. They want you to shelter your kids to to point they haven't a CLUE how to function in the real world.

Comment

They haven't had halloween around my place in two years because every year a storm has come threw & ruined trick or treating for the kids.

When I moved here I learned that every town has a different night for trick or treating. They don't even do it on halloween. They pick daylight hours of days when they think there will be less vehicle traffic on the roads, I guess thinking it will make it safer for the kids. Except this means no one knows when trick or treating is for every different town around them. Every few years one of them gets hit by a driver who didn't know the town they were passing threw was having trick or treating that night.

Comment

its offical we've become a society of fraidy cats

Comment

We always have a "trunk or treat". Its usually a day or so before halloween. Its done in the day light hours and you sign up your car and decorate it and pass out candy. Its for the little kids. Then we still do regular halloween but theres like a 9 oclock cut off.

Im personally in favor of DST untill november. Fuck that getting dark at 4:30 shit. Cant do shit when i get off work. I wish we never had to set clocks back. I like when it doesnt get dark till 9... thats just me tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SmoothNlow View Post
            We always have a "trunk or treat". Its usually a day or so before halloween. Its done in the day light hours and you sign up your car and decorate it and pass out candy. Its business reviews for the little kids. Then we still do regular halloween but theres like a 9 oclock cut off.

Im personally in favor of DST untill november. Fuck that getting dark at 4:30 shit. Cant do shit when i get off work. I wish we never had to set clocks back. I like when it doesnt get dark till 9... thats just me tho.
            I am pretty scared person and never will go to halloween in night. Day time is just fine for me, but I need my friends around.
            Last edited by shockersdud; 01-30-2013, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X