Saw a brief but cool car chase on Knight Rider today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a brief but cool car chase on Knight Rider today

The 1983 episode Return to Cadiz had a pair of vintage ambulances in a chase from Kitt. Both were high tops a 64 and a 68. They were really pushing the old ambulances hard and even had then drifting around corners. They flipped and blew the 68 up but it was interesting to see them put through their paces, those old caddies would move! Usually the special effects are so shitty I could do better with a cell phone camera and a pile of matchbox cars but I was impressed seeing the big Caddies on screen.

Anyone else ever see this chase?
    Last edited by 60Buick; 12-21-2012, 01:54 PM.

I saw one on the re-runs a year or so ago and immediately downloaded it from iTunes. The episode that I have is called "Deadly Knightshade," where Kitt chases a magician (the episode's "bad guy") in a shiny black '68 Cadillac hearse. It's been a long time since I've watched it clear through, but there was some sort of a moment of confusion where a funeral procession (the limo was a newer bodystyle, a mid-70's Cadillac) ended up following the bad guy instead of the funeral director. There are a few scenes where two '67 or '67 Cadillacs are visible, and they drive 'em hard, hang 'em out sideways, and finish one off with a rollover.

I tried to shoot a screen-grab, but I guess it's one of those iTunes copyright tricks, it won't show the video window in the screen shot.

Comment

got it up on netflix now if i can get past the cheese to the good part thats a 67 not as 68 that rolls looks like a M&M must of had a lot of 02 in the back to blow that good

Comment

Oh yeah, now that I'm "this old," there's a LOT more cheese crammed into that show than when I loved it as a kid.

Comment

Makes it almost painful to watch. Worse than Airwolf but at least it's not as bad as Thunder.

Comment

Working...
          X