2nd amendment sopport rallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd amendment sopport rallies

Yesterday (Jan 19) there were pro 2nd rallies all across the country, some were huge, some a bit smaller, but all were well done and successful.

On Friday Feb 8th there will be even bigger rallies in damn near every state at the state capitols. The goal is to get at least a million people nation wide to come out in support of the constitution.

Here is a facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

These events will be open carry in states where freedom still means something, not sure about the others...lol.

I plan to attend the one here in Georgia, and yes I will be packing an M4 carbine and Beretta 92.
    If anyone in Ga wants to go let me know and we can meet up or ride together.

These are the "rules" the people putting this together would like to follow.
    Restore the Constitution Open Carry Rules

Participants and attendees are expected to know and abide by all applicable state and federal firearms laws. None of the information provided below is legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is created by reading or relying upon this information. If you have questions, then you are expected to know the applicable state and federal firearms laws before attending the event.

Anyone prohibited from possessing a firearm by state or federal law may not possess a firearm at this event.

Participants and attendees may not bring any firearm prohibited by state or federal law.

1. Should you choose to carry one, ALL rifles and shotguns carried by participants at this event are to be unloaded (chamber empty, chamber flag inserted, no magazine inserted, no ammo inside the rifle or shotgun, no ammo touching the rifle or shotgun whatsoever) and slung to the rear or to the side, away from the hands.

2. While we do ask that your rifles and shotguns be unloaded, you are perfectly welcome to carry ammunition and loaded magazines on your person if you so choose, so long as no magazines are actually inserted into rifles and so long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm.

3. Open carry of a loaded pistol is encouraged by those in possession of a valid Georgia Firearms License.

Participants and attendees are required to keep all pistols holstered. Participants and attendees are required to keep all rifles/shotguns slung over their shoulder, unloaded, with the safety on, and with no magazine inserted. Do not engage in any horseplay, demonstration of firing positions, or exchange of or other handling of firearms at this event.

Do not transport a loaded rifle or shotgun on your person, in any vehicle on any public street, road, or highway during this event.

Participants and attendees are not to consume, possess, or be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances at this event.

Let’s have a safe event we can all be proud of!

However in Ga it is now legal to carry a loaded long gun or if you have your permit handgun in public, and there are no restrictions anymore on "public gatherings". Many people will be carrying loaded, if you do just don't be a dumbass and it's all good. The main goal of the unloaded long guns was to make sure there were no accidental discharges by some newb ruining the image trying to be put out here.

Comment

this many people with guns and all the know it alls with no experience, I can see things going wrong and being used against us very easily.

Comment

All the rallies went fine yesterday and many were open carry.
        Last edited by LMS; 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Once it gets a little closer, let's come up with some specifics in terms of times and meeting up, and we can see if anyone else from dead ends wants to go. i'll go ahead and link this thread on facebook.

Comment

i'm probably not going to carry the rifle loaded, but i will probably take my Mini-14 and probably my ruger revolver. i will probably take a magazine or two for the rifle, though.

Comment

I plan to have my ar unloaded, but will have a few loaded mags in my pack.
              My Beretta will be loaded on my side.
              I will also have my Gadsden flag and maybe a sign.
              I thought about taking my family's revolutionary era musket with a dowel rod sticking out of the barrel and the flag flying on it. Black powder guns are not considered fire arms generally so it shouldn't be an issue, it's just heavy as hell to lug around.

Comment

Originally posted by ironpony View Post
                this many people with guns and all the know it alls with no experience, I can see things going wrong and being used against us very easily.
                I'd venture it unlikely that things would go wrong. As best I recall, signficant gun violence events within our country have been limited to "gun free" zones. I can't remember the last time I heard of a mass shooting at a gun show. I assume people still open carry at those. It has been a few years since I've been to one and now the lines are too long, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickey View Post
                  I can't remember the last time I heard of a mass shooting at a gun show. I assume people still open carry at those. It has been a few years since I've been to one and now the lines are too long, hehe.
                  there were a couple of accidents at gun shows over the weekend. i'm not sure how that happened. every show i've ever attended, they check your guns at the front to make sure they are unloaded and then usually zip tie the action.

Comment

Here is a link to one in NC. http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/nor...ing/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
                      there were a couple of accidents at gun shows over the weekend. i'm not sure how that happened. every show i've ever attended, they check your guns at the front to make sure they are unloaded and then usually zip tie the action.
                      I like to think that those are actually liberals secretly trying to make gun owners look bad. Sadly I know that its probably not the case though.

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of accidental discharges not shootings

Comment

Originally posted by ironpony View Post
                          I was thinking along the lines of accidental discharges not shootings
                          Either way...

I blame poor gun education (not knowing enough) and overconfidence for that type of problem.

Comment

BUMP!!!

This Friday, 10 am at your state capitol.
                            A bunch of people from Ga. are riding marta(our commuter rail system in Atlanta) with pistols on their side and long guns.

Comment

Working...
                            X