Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You guys see some of the footage of the Russian meteor that hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys see some of the footage of the Russian meteor that hit?

Thankfully it happened in the land of dash cams!

absolute 'splosun

Comment

Why does all the cool shit happen somewhere else?

Comment

In the land of dash cams though, which gave us some good footage.

Comment

Watch for something after 2:20 coming towards it from the right of the screen:

Looks like they tried to hit it with their missile defense network. And failed. Not surprised, my grandfather was involved with the original Star Wars research program and there's no way these systems are designed to function against something like this. Even if it had made contact, I doubt it would have done anything.

The Russians are now proposing an international asteroid repulsion program, but I don't think any governments [incl theirs] is taking the idea seriously.

Comment

Wish I knew Russian, would be fun to know what they are saying in these videos.

Comment

Originally posted by sgath92 View Post
              The Russians are now proposing an international asteroid repulsion program, but I don't think any governments [incl theirs] is taking the idea seriously.
              This idea has been kicked around for a while. Movies have been made about similar events. Most of the huge stuff that might hit us is being tracked (like extinction and earth shattering level shit).

Personally I'm with Tyson who I believe shares the view of "I don't give a fuck what they do as long as it gets us closer to space and doesn't push us further away". (I may be paraphrasing/making it all up a bit, but I'm sure he shares similar sentiments".

Comment

Working...
              X