Screw register.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw register.com

So Nationalhearse.net and .org expire on the 24th, I've been trying to move them from register.com to godaddy.com with the rest of my domains. I have moved about a dozen domains this year from various registrars and haven't had any issues whatsoever. You just initiate the transfer from godaddy, you get an e-mail from your registrar asking you if you want to approve the transfer, you click yes, they send you an auth code, you put that in with godaddy and in 24 hours it's yours again.

Not with f'n register.com, I initiated the transfer and have been waiting a week for the auth code to come, and it hadn't come yet - so I did all kinds of things to make sure the e-mail address I was using worked and fixed a bunch of other dns problems with some of my older domains while I was at it, and it still didn't come, then I discover that I have to CALL them between 9 and 6 pm EST Monday through Friday. This is the ONLY registrar I've seen that you have to actually contact.

I hope I don't have to actually renew the shit with them and waste money twice on the domains.

Just venting.

Chris

Thanks for reminding me I need to do Evang.

And somebody tell me...WHY IN THE FUCK DOES WINDOWS NOT HAVE A WHOIS COMMAND?

Comment

LMFAO...because it is 'the suck?'

Comment

th3 suck

Comment

Their level of suckitude has risen to 'mega-ultra-gargantuan-suck!'.

The other night I initiated a 'live chat' with one of their people and asked for the auth codes, after 10 minutes of circular questioning I finally get out of the dude that I have to call, I ask if he knew that when we started the chat and just wanted to ask me why I was leaving. I tell him again why I'm leaving and certainly appreciate my time being wasted.

Now, i called a few minutes ago, and again with the same questions about why I'm leaving and if I stay they can offer me some great deals. Then they say that since the domain is so close to expiring that it probably won't go through in time. I ask again to just send me the damned auth codes, she then offers me a 9 year deal for only 71 bucks per domain. I respectfully decline and she offers me 1 year for 19.99 (which is twice what I normally pay for domain renewals), I laugh and say 'no thanks, please just send me the auth codes'. Then they send me an e-mail with a security code that I verify over the phone to prove that it is my e-mail address, and she says that she will send me the auth codes shortly.

The next e-mail I get says 'please respond to this e-mail with the security code that we sent you a little while ago'. I respond to that, and now 15 minutes later I still don't have the f'n auth codes. I want to go back to bed since I have to work tonight, but I need these domains to start to transfer immediately. Worst case scenario the domain will expire and I'll have to renew it for another year at 19.99 each (both nationalhearse.net and .org) THEN initiate the transfer again.

It's just irritating.

Comment

Toss a wheel through the window and tell the cops you thought it was Discount Tire.

Comment

**update**

From godaddy a few days ago:

Congratulations! The transfer request for the following domain name(s) has been completed:
              NATIONALHEARSE.NET
              NATIONALHEARSE.ORG

I'm pretty happy about that finally. I might only have about 15 more domains elsewhere then I'll finally have them all in one place.

Comment

I just want to go back to bed.

Comment

Working...
                X