Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also...casket keys are easy, just depends on the casket brand

Comment

I've got a casket key, but can't find where it is supposed to go. I sound dumb I know. I've hunted all over the edges of this thing and can't find the hole for it. Not sure what brand casket this is. How do I find out? I'd trade only if I could get the parts for my car. And I doubt you have those! LOL

Comment

Mabye it's a non-sealing type...I'd have to see it closer to know...you can E-mail me pix if you'd like ...I can't get these on the board to enlarge enough for me to tell...it looks like a 20Guage non-sealing from here.

Comment

i think you may be right jess.....it does look like a non-sealing casket. the hole would be at the foot end of the casket on the outside if it has one.

Comment

I can't find any holes at all. There are two little latches, one on each half of the lid. About in the middle of each piece, little silver latches that you sort of pull to release it to open it. Does that make sense? Its a nice casket. Do you think the pillow and foot covers will standup if I wash them? I don't want them to disintegrate. I know some of that will completely fall apart so I know not to touch it.

Comment

if the pillow looks old and brittle i wouldn't try washing it.

Comment

This entire thing is like brand new. The only give away is that it is dirty. The pillow has a small spot of dirt and the piece of cloth that goes over the lower lid half is dirty. Then of course the casket itself is dirty and has a couple of dings in it. I think it is gorgeous anyway. I know I'm weird.

Comment

you're not as wierd as the rest of us. lol i love my metal casket as well.

Comment

I washed the stuff outta my casket and it was okay, if you have any doubts, don't but I would suggest putting it in a pillow case if your worried, or just using resolve and febreeze on it to spot clean, also the latches mean it's non sealing, not to worry, still a very nice casket.

Comment

Also, if it improves your day, the top selling casket in our funeral home was a non sealing casket, called the Star silver, and it's not even half as pretty as yours...the Resolve works wonders on crepe (which looks like the material you have) with stains....used it on many makeup stains at the F.H. on casket interiors...you'll do fine

Comment

Thanks for the reassurances. Being a seamstress I torture fabric all the time. but I just didn't want to damage this and not be able to replace it without spending a fortune (since I got it so cheap). Thanks for the advice about what to use too. I'll stuff it in a pillow case and wash it that way on gentle cycle first and see what happens. I'm going to spend next weekend cleaning it all up. Hopefully we can get the dings out of the top of it. And it will polish up nice. Is it common for them to use the casket for a few hours for a viewing or something like that then remove the body for creamation and dispose of the casket? That's what we were told had happened. The family wanted a viewing but he was to be creamated. ???

Comment

Actually, it does happen, it's not common,per-se but sometimes families buy a metal casket without realizing it cannot be cremated with the body. It does make perfect sense.

Comment

i was bidding on an ebay-scratch and dent casket. i figured it would be a good way to practice my car painting and body-work skills.

Comment

I would have a problem with getting inside the thing (see my post in the thread about the new house). If I'm going to rot in something, I would just as soon wait until I were dead. As much as I hate sewing shiny fabrics that are usually in them, I think I would try to replace at least the lower part of the interior.

Comment

Working...
                              X