• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Reznor doesn't like labels...

I thought this entry was kinda cool of him:

Chris

Labels

I like Ol' Trent, as popular as his stuff is, he still is just a guy that likes to make music and would like his fans to hear it. Record lables are like churches. I love God. But it the people that claim to be the source for him that piss me off. Same with labels. The handfull of times my band had a little label interest, it wasnt even an issue of getting screwed in the fine print. The title of the document was "grab you ankles". Fukk all that, I play when and if I feel like it, I record what I feel like and I give it all away.Thats not to say Im more "legit" or "Die-Hard" that bands trying to make a living, but for me personally, the money part ruined the joy I got from playing. I rememeber a "managment" company I was hooked up with who wanted me to cancel a Saturday show at a club so I could play a Thursday night show at the same club because the Thursday show was one they booked for me. A lot of bands will sign with any record label that will take them. A label is a like wife, and you dont marry the first chick who comes along whos willing to put up with your shit just because she's willing. And, when you reliaze after the fact that it isnt working out, you lose your ass in the divorce.

Kudos to Trent though. I saw him last time he was in Dallas and he was totally awesome live as well.

ALex!

Comment

Working...
    X