Looking for some info from "Pimp My Ride"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some info from "Pimp My Ride"

First, I'm tickled to find this site. It actually has members that look active. Praise The Lowered! Hopefully some of my questions will find responses!

Anyway, tonight I was watching Pimp My Ride because they were pimping a 1970 Caddy M&M. I'm sure many of you have seen it. My question is thus; where did they score that custom front grill?? I know they bought it from someone because Mad Mike gave the name of the company. But just as he did I was distracted by something and I completely missed it. Even if it was a company that made it custom that would be helpful too. It was a spiderweb looking grill that appeared to fit the stop grill location right out of the box.

Anyone got any idea? I'd really like to replace my front grill on my '75 MM.
    Last edited by Gorf; 06-10-2007, 01:58 AM.

i'll have to watch the show.......i didnt see that one.

Comment

It was really well done. Lots of ideas that I already had for my caddy went into it just in a different way. I wasn't crazy about them killing off the floor in the bed of the car, but what went into it's place was probably well worth it. I won't spoil it for you.

Comment

no telling when it will air again.

Comment

I bet Miss Metal could make one.
          Anyone remember her website?

Comment

http://www.ms-metal.net/

Comment

she definately could make one.

Comment

My hubby was talking about trying to get Overhaulin' to come take my hearse and fix it. I refused to let him even consider it. I'd die if I knew someone else was touching my car. Yeah I want mine fixed in a desparate way but I don't want it out of my site. The kids even tried to talk me into considering it. But the catch is the 'mark' isn't supposed to know. HA HA. They blew it when they talked to me about it.

Comment

i called about pimp my ride and overhaulin, but was told that they don't take cars that are not in california.....

Comment

Hey-that's racist!

Comment

According to what I read on Overhaulin' they accept applications from all 50 states and Canada. Here's a link to their get on the show page.

Comment

That grille, I think it was modified from a truck grille. I've seen that done a couple of times with those grilles for Ford's, Dodge's & Chevy's.

Comment

i have the entire episode in AVI format, but unfortunately it doesn't have any sound. I forgot to change my recording preferences from mic to wave. I'd like to edit the commercials out and put it online somewhere.

Comment

It was a cool show. I loved the grill. I think they could have used better rims. The rims were nice, but they should have used some that matched the grill and steering wheel. I liked the back, but it's not what I would have done. Notice they took a combo and made it into a landau? It looked like they used '80ish Superior bars like mine. I also liked the skulls, but it was a touch to busy, but it was still cool as hell.

Comment

My grille was for a 99 F250. I had to cut 1/2" off the top, 1" off the bottom, and 2" off each side.

grille.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X