Any electronics geeks in the bunch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any electronics geeks in the bunch?

I'm thinking about building out some LED tail lights and corner lights for my car and using an Arduino. I can't seem to figure out how to bypass the arduino and switch the brakes to manual lights in the event of Arduino failure. I could probably use a FET or a transistor of some kind to look for a high voltage condition and disable the feed from manual brakes if that occurs. Any ideas of how to accomplish this?

So I _think_ I solved this one.

Since I'm going to a full PMU setup I'm doing all the lights on different circuits and doing some weird logic to make everything work.

Low beams one circuit
    High beams one circuit
    dual action bulbs in the rears, corners, and between the headlights.
    switching the brake switch to ground.

The hardest one to figure out was having the lights on (aka running lights too) so both sides light up the dim bulbs (these are all LEDs), you hit the brakes and it lights up the second light on the lower housings, turn on the blinkers and it lights the high side on that side of the car and the top bulb in the rear. Huge pain to figure out!

Comment

For future reference Macon Communications where I used to work years ago, does wiring and installation for police cars, ambulances, etc. and they did my first couple of Ectos before I worked there and learned how to install light bars.

ANYWAY Dave Norwood works there and he’s a wiring GENIUS and he loves to work on new and different things. So he could be of help if you have any issues with that or the digital dash thing.

Comment

I might actually take you up on that. I did some work for ANX Electric, who are possibly the best autosport wiring company in the south, and they are doing my engine harness but the body harness is almost entirely on me. I've got most of it working on my bench here at the house so hopefully it goes reasonably smoothly but could use some brains.

Comment

Working...
        X