So what has everyone been working on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what has everyone been working on?

It's mildly funny that one of my last posts before this forum went tango-uniform was asking if anybody had done a digital dash before and I spent the last week designing one for myself.

391620760_10160959948776866_2201427860939871029_n.jpg

Things went pretty bog standard for me and my projects as I started off with one intent and eventually just ended up going off the rails. What started out as a simple swap out for a fuel injection system has turned into basically rebuilding the entire car. Moved away from the v-belts and built my own serpentine pulley system and brackets, electric water pump, 400A alternator, AIR CONDITIONING (which I've never had), complete from scratch wiring harness, electric fans, new radiator, individual coils (so no more distributor - I'm using a hall sensor as a 'cam position sensor' and a 36-2 crank trigger), new just about everything. There are also zero fuses in the car other than the stereo. Everything is controlled from a PMU and my beloved 1972 Cadillac has its own CAN-BUS.

IMG_3845.jpg
    IMG_3585.jpg

And probably my favorite parts - A WORKING GAS GAUGE AND A DIPSTICK FINALLY!!!

The interior will have a pair of seats out of a 2014 CTS-V and a 2016 CTS-V steering wheel with working buttons! I even designed my own clock spring to mate a late model steering wheel to an antique style column.
    Attached Files

trying to keep my sanity in same moderate sized town, that has become the other bum / other type wanna be woke type burg

Comment

I'll be making a billet grille soon for the Krystal, nothing extravagant by any means, as we are in the process of building our home. I can't wait to get back to serious coach projects!
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadaverllac View Post
        I'll be making a billet grille soon for the Krystal, nothing extravagant by any means, as we are in the process of building our home. I can't wait to get back to serious coach projects!
        Holy shit - is that Scott's old car???

Comment

Originally posted by Psychoholic View Post

Holy shit - is that Scott's old car???
          It is, glad to see she gets recognized!

Comment

It was a rather somber realization as I was fixing stuff the other day how many people the system notified that we were back up that have passed.

Comment

​Printed my first test version of my dashboard and it turned out awesome! The final version will be in PET-CF so this was just a test in PLA to make sure the dimensions were right. Talk about filling up every square inch of build volume. I printed it in 4 pieces and used dowels to put it together.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
              X