Sack Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sack Time

Tonytheskin might get a kick out of this. Two nights ago I was watching the History channel(best channel EVER) and there was a show called "dogfights" where they recreate air combat digitally and in different angles. Its really a great show for watching how things unfolded in those older times.

Well they were doing a special episode of kamikaze styled tactics and the germans had their own version where they would try to ram their fighter into bombers to take them out. They were not trying to kill themselves like a regular kamikaze...they would bail out after the contact and hope to survive. One scenario they went through was about the "Sack Time" bomber and what had happened to it. Very very neat story.

It was very interesting and I just thought that it was neat being they were going over the plane that tony has in his signature. I would try to see local listing when they replay that episode again.

that was cool i got a few mins of it the one going into the tail of a bomber thats some wack stuff

and is anyone crazy to drive a tractor trailer on the ice lakes thats another wack show

Comment

i love the show ice road truckers.

Comment

Yeah, i love that channel. Its all that I watch except the on demand music video stuff.

Comment

Sack Time

I was watching the interview with the pilot of Sack Time and a few other pilots who managed to get bombers home minus large parts of the plane. All I could think about watching this guy is heres a guy whos 80 years old or os, survived and saved the lives of his crew after being hit by a German fighter in the end of the war and managed, against all odds, to still get the plane down.

You would never, EVER fuck with that guy.

I dont care how old he is, if you tried to take that dudes wallet in the street, he'd be all like "Bitch, a Nazi couldnt kill me with a gas powered machine with guns on it, fuck you" before he proceeded to kick the shit out of said person. Thats got to give you a certain kind of tough that no amount of years will ever wash off of soften up.

It was crazy seeing the interviews with the would-be pilots of the Japanese manned torpedoes, the (Bocca Bombs). How weird is that?

I love that show, Grampa Lohmann was a captain in WWII and he flew a P51 Mustang for most of his military career. Im not sure what he may or may have not seen, he came home from the war and never mentioned anything or spoke about it at all, not even to my grandmother. She said most of the men didnt say much when they came home though, so it didnt strike her as odd per say.

Alex!

Comment

Yeah! Another descendant of an airman. My grandfather on my father's side was a tailgunner on a B-17 Flying Fortress. The plane made famous by the movie "The Memphis Belle." I love aviation and war history. A lot of people don't show too much interest in it but I find it an amazing subject to learn about war and how things were. Its crazy!

Comment

I love Ice Road Truckers, but I let Tony watch it only with the understanding that he's not going to be doing it.

Comment

"The deadliest Catch" is also a great show(but that might be discovery channel, I forget). Its crazy what they gotta go through to get those king crabs.

Comment

Working...
                X