any info on my hearse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any info on my hearse

So, I've tried using Carfax to see if I could get the history on my 1980. No luck since it's a 13 digit vin. I asked CW Coach and all they can tell me is it's from Pennsylvania. Right now I feel like So, I was thinking of asking on ....the other board. I feel a bit reticent to do this because of past experiences with certain individuals there.

I suppose I should just bite the bullet and ask, what's the worst that can happen other than I get no info.

Anywho:

1980 S/S Caddy Fleetwood Pic from the engine compartment. If anyone has a suggestion on where I can look, I'd appreciate it. I have access to only the Florida DMV atm.
    Attached Files

Do you need the info to get the car registered? If not, I wouldn't bother with it.

Comment

The "other board...?" Oh NO! The horror!!!

Comment

What I'm looking for is the history, which home ordered it. I will have the title soon and I can register it from work. I even have a specialty plate ready for it.

I was just hoping to see if I could find out the home and if anyone else owned it.

Comment

Thats always a hard thing to do. i found some paperwork in mine from a previous funeral home who had owned it. Well, I called them up and they were super rude to me and hung up. I researched the funeral home and they were under multiple investigations with the police on shady activities and ties with "bad" people. Even after they were found guilty of some wrongdoings...they kept their liscences and then got busted for doing it again. They are still in business though...and i am not sure why. i just wish they could of told me some information about my car.

Comment

the tag office should be able to track who has owned it. mine is a 1973 and i found out mine originally came from NY.

Comment

Well, I did get some good info from the PCS board. I was able to find exactly who ordered this coach. S & S prints the name on a plate and can put this plate in a couple of places. On my 1980 it was located on the front wheel well in the engine compartment. The home is Auman Funeral Home Inc. and I have even found a historical book on them on ebay (which I hope I win).

I also will be ordering the Chilton repair manual on Amazon for about $7 with shipping.

Comment

i wish my 1973 superior had a plate like that.

Comment

And I wish my Miller-Meteor did that...those poop-heads!

Comment

i've seen M-M's with the plate under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeanr View Post
                      i've seen M-M's with the plate under the hood.
                      Thats it! Back outside to look!

Comment

the ones i have seen had a plate under the hood on the fender well.

Comment

Working...
                        X