Dont you hate it when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont you hate it when......

You start doing body work and find out that someone has already done some before you, but didn't do it right so you have to take the whole car down to the metal just to make it smooth and all the parts line up right?

Thoughts?

Not that i care, but I made an attempt at being nice. Don't get used to it.

hate it hate it hate it...especially when you didn't realize they stuck rags inside of the bondo rocker panels....

Comment

Oh yeah, i been through that before. Actually, this is the worst that has ever happened......

I had a 65 lincoln continental, the rockers were funny looking. well, one day i decided to poke at it and my finger went through it like playdoh. Some dumbass has stuck rags in the rockers, ( which absorb and hold moisture, so your shit is going to rot faster), and then they had slapped about half a gallon of wall spackle in there to fill it. WALL SPACKLE!!!!!!!! And the stuff never hardened because of the outside humidity. I sold the car 2 days after that. I thought it a SERIOUSLY bad omen to find that after only having the car a week.

Comment

People never cease to amaze me everyday.

Comment

MY old truck had a bondo panel, the guy I bought it from made a complete panel out of bondo. I was changing the directional housing out & noticed some snot looking strings, started breaking them off, then the whole panel came off. It had no metal under the bondo, just a perfectly matched panel. I was impressed with the work but wondered if it was worth the time & effort, a junyard panel would have been cheaper.

Comment

Gotta Love it

Yeah, I ahve had a few instnaces of some totally choice body work. When I bought my 73 M+M and started to prep it for paint that it had a ton of martine-tex covering all the rusted out places. My 64 apparantly had some pretty intersting work under it as well, or at least Ive heard from the guy who did some work on it after I sold it.

I typilcally prefer to just replace the metal. It takes longer but then its just done right. That being said, cars like my 73 that have nothing but bondo from the center molding down.....not much you can do with all of that except slap some more bondo on it, shoot it cheaply and enjoy it for what it is.

Alex!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Lohmann View Post
              being said, cars like my 73 that have nothing but bondo from the center molding down.....not much you can do with all of that except slap some more bondo on it, shoot it cheaply and enjoy it for what it is.

Alex!
              Amen to that one brotha!

Comment

Working...
              X