Fuck Just Dashes!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck Just Dashes!!!!!!

Thay want 1800.00 to redo the dash( with vinyl) on the 59. They say, and I quote " That dash is the harsest dash to do out of ANY car". Well fuck you. I got a guy in Sugar Hill who will do it in LEATHER, with only two,perfect stitched seams( he has a 60 model, i saw his work, and it is NICE!) for 400.00. Fucking robbery I tell you!

Some people are just douches. Take for instance that people want 1200 just to do the back window in a Lincoln mark VIII....why? Because its a "big back window with a pressed seal" Screw them people! LOL same thing with 18" wheels.

I have had countless mechanics act like I am stupid and try to charge me anywhere from 30-90 per wheel to mount and balance those tires. Come on now...i have had 3 sets of these tires and watch the guys do it. It takes no longer than it does to mount regular tires...and most machines can accomodate that size wheel...so they are BSing and trying to bend ya over. i F'in hate mechanics.

Comment

I just had a painter want to charge me $1400 to paint my casket. I got my truck, 2 tone no less, painted for $1200. And it is a hell of a lot bigger than a casket.
      But I found some one to do it for $350. It will match the hearse color for that cost.

Comment

I have always said something like "look, if you are that untalented and can't do the job, just say so. But don't jack the price up so high that you look like an asshole!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by StrayCat View Post
            I got a guy in Sugar Hill who will do it in LEATHER, with only two,perfect stitched seams( he has a 60 model, i saw his work, and it is NICE!) for 400.00. Fucking robbery I tell you!
            is that 400 to rebuild your current one? There isn't much left of my dash, but I need one for my '57 Eureka.

I might need that guys number. .

Comment

i need one for our 58 M-M.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeanr View Post
                i need one for our 58 M-M.
                I need your 58 M-M

Comment

is not and will not be forsale.

Comment

Who said sell? Free MoFo! Just because you are a nice guy like that. Let me be the first to say that I really appreciate your generosity and will be expecting the delivery truck here within the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by spastic_chicken View Post
                      is that 400 to rebuild your current one? There isn't much left of my dash, but I need one for my '57 Eureka.

I might need that guys number. .
                      Yeah that is to re-pad and re- cover it with leather. On mine the seams are going to run front to back, one where the delete panel is and another where the clock is,( where the "eyeballs" are on the 59 and 60). just because he can't vacume apply leather or vinyl around those spots where it " juts" out. Let me go though the paper work, and I'll get you the number. Actually, fuck it, i am going to just compile all of my various parts and restoration places together and post them. it is going to be either one huge post or 2 or three decent sized ones, but i know everyone needs something from somewhere right?lol. I should be in charge of the club archive damnitt.

Comment

Don't forget about the guy who charges $10,000 to test taste a hamburger. All he needs is one customer, so he doesn't give a shit how many people refuse to meet his price. If the price isn't right, don't pay it. That's the only way that the economy can work.

-denise

Comment

Thay want 1800.00 to redo the dash( with vinyl) on the 59.
                          No shit. You get what you pay for. I saw an NOS 59 dash sell for almost 3 grand in black. Hope that is the color you need. If you are restoring a 59 Eldorado convertable worth 60,000- 80,000, 1800 for a dash that is a perfect recreation of a new 59 dash is not a big investment.

Its 400 for them to redo my chevelle dash. Its about 500 for a 60 Buick. I have no problem with that, the fact that they strip it down to the metal and lay new foam then carve it to the right shape them cover it with vynal. I have 2 59's, the dash is very curvy, will I pay 1800.... no. I am not trying to build a perfect show car, there is no point in spending the money but I am not going to complain because I have seen there work.

Comment

Working...
                          X