Anyon who knows anything about bikes...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyon who knows anything about bikes...help

Alright, I have narrowed it down and will be getting one of two bikes on tuesday. I just can't decide which one.....

I am going with the Honda VTX. It's a HUGE cruiser bike with a HUGE engine, and it fits the size/style/power/and function guidelines I set forth. Here's where my confucion sets in......

First one is a 2002 VTX 1800cc. It's cheaper than the second one by about 1500.00, but it has 44,000 miles on it.

Second is a 2003 VTX 1300cc, with less than 4 thousand miles on it, but it is a bit more expensive.

Both have their pros and cons. Whadda you think?

A Honda with 44000 miles? You mean someone bought a bike and actually rode it? I thought I was the only one who ever did that.

Bro, it's a honda. It's good for another million miles or so.

Comment

Thats what my dad said, and he is a Harley guy as well. I took him to the dealer to see exactly what the VTX looks like yesterday and he freaked. He's all like " holy shit that thing is huge! You can't handle THAT! It's the size of a Honda CAR!" So I just laughed at him, got on the bike and went for a "test drive". By the time I get back all he could say was," I stand corrected". Then he said the only reason I could hold the thing up to begin with was because over the last 5 years i have become a "fat ass". I just said , " fuck dad, then I am going to a fat ass on a huge comfortible cruiser with more power than your pick up truck, and that is PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME!!!!"

Casey is excited as well, she gets my 1996 Honda VLX, " which i find out recently from dealer paperwork, was originally a 600cc, but they bored the cylinders out to "almost" 750 specs. I don't blame the guy for doing it really. I have sat on many of the newer honda 750's, the saber the ace the spirit, and they are fucking uncomfortible as shit. Not to mention I couldn't really feel a power difference in between the VLX and the 750s.
      Last edited by StrayCat; 09-01-2007, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I say go for the lower mileage one.

I know that Hondas last forever, but these are motorcycles and they are ridden pretty hard no matter how 'gingerly' the other person road it. A wing on the other hand is good for at least 150k miles, this is a cruiser - get the lesser ridden.

Comment

Well, there went that idea. I won the 1300 on ebay for a little more than 5 grand, and the motherfucker sends me an immediate email saying," i am sorry,but i can't let it go for less than 5800." His reserve was at 4500. I fucking hate dipshits like that man.

Comment

well,out of anger and frustration i bought a different bike. A customized yamaha roadstar warrior 1700. it has a massive S&S built motor in it.

Comment

I hope you reported his ass to Ebay about that shit. You set the reserve at 4500 you won the auction. Its a binding contract.

Comment

PICTURES!!!!!!! Fuck it-I'll just come over and see it. I'll bring Erzabet, and we can accidentally swap engines (with the camino). Then we can take the bikes out to celebrate.

Thats a great idea. When should I come over?

Comment

You're goddamned right i reported his ass. i am still pissed.

I'll get pics on here as soon as possible. I haven't even picked it up yet, and to be honest, this bike actually terrifies me. But you all know me. If you don't, ask Diganci. I'll fucking drive ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY if it is fast and potentially life threatening.

Comment

Actually, here are the pics he sent me. i Paid 5000.00 for it.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

P.I.M.P.

Comment

I get her on wednsday. O.k. This the point where a man starts annoying his family, can't sleep, is easily exciteable, because the ownership of his new speed toy is on the horizion. God help my wife and kids over the next 36 hours..........................................

Comment

Im the same way bro.. Im only about 24 hours away from taking possesion of an Ultra Classic Ive been trying to buy now for a good month. I feel like this right now ==>

Comment

12 hours left, 12 hours left. I get her at 9 am. < bounces in seat.

Comment

4 hours, and I can't sleep. And I am supposed to ride her home from Calhoun Ga. I decided that I am taking old hwy 53 from calhoun through jasper out to 985 in flowery branch, cause i want to get a feel for how she behaves on the mountain curves. Maybe i'll make a stop by amicalola falls on my way. oh, and as usual, i will have my camera and my eyes open for cool old cars and what not. I remember when i was a kid we used to go that way when we went to my grandparents house, there wewre always soooo many cool old cars in yards and barns out through there.

Comment

Working...
                              X