Hot Topic... Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Topic... Help!!

It seems I remember reading here that one or more board regulars work or worked at Hot Topic. I am in desperate need of some info on a shirt that was on hottopic.com.

As evident by my signature pick I own a 1972 Cadillac hearse which is my pride and joy. I have seen many a t-shirt with Cadillacs and Hearses but none referrencing the year 1972. Well this past Friday, 8-31-07, I get a call from a friend who directs me to hottopic.com and low and behold there is a black t-shirt with the front of a Cadillac on it. It has the proper headlight configuration and the front license plate is printed with 1972 (it's a little off but the closest I have ever seen). Needless to say I had to have this shirt. Problem is, when I was ready to order (that evening) the shirt disappeared from the webpage. Sneaking in, by clicking my saved link for the shirt, yielded the message "this item is completely sold out". I took a picture of the shirt to the local Hot Topic store but the guy I talked to had never seen it, and though he was very interested to see pictures of my hearse he had no further info on the shirt.

I would greatly appreciate any info that anyone could give me about finding this. hottopic.com says it is imported but not from where. So far I have been unsucessful with web searches. I would be interested in at least three of these shirts in size large if they turn out to be a limited item.

Here is the info I have.

Hot Topic SKU #233725

Link for the shirt Cadillac Skulls T-Shirt

And finally a Pic...

Thanks.

I got a buddy who is a manager at a hot topic....I will get him on this...

Comment

I just tried ordering it....and it went through(well almost...I didn't give them any card info). The only size they have is XL I think....I just think that they are sold out of all other sizes.

Comment

I used to work at Hot Topic......all a store has to do is take the SKU # and do a search to see what inventory all the other stores have. If a store has your item then they will do a transfer request. Now it has been about a year since I left Hot Topic, but I do remember there is a certain amount an item has to be in order for them to do the transfer. It was $25.00 when I was there, but policies may have changed.

Good Luck.....Hot Topic is not doing as well as they used to so they should be More than happy to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kinee View Post
          I just tried ordering it....and it went through(well almost...I didn't give them any card info). The only size they have is XL I think....I just think that they are sold out of all other sizes.
          Thats odd. I just clicked on the link and it is as you say there now is an option for the XL. Yesterday the XL was not available.

Originally posted by HellCat View Post
          I used to work at Hot Topic......all a store has to do is take the SKU # and do a search to see what inventory all the other stores have. If a store has your item then they will do a transfer request. Now it has been about a year since I left Hot Topic, but I do remember there is a certain amount an item has to be in order for them to do the transfer. It was $25.00 when I was there, but policies may have changed.

Good Luck.....Hot Topic is not doing as well as they used to so they should be More than happy to help you.
          Thanks, I will return to the store armed with this info and SKU and maybe I will find someone more helpful.

Thanks guys for the responses. If nothing else I might go ahead and order an XL and try to shrink it, it is 100% cotton after all.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalCombustion View Post
            If nothing else I might go ahead and order an XL and try to shrink it, it is 100% cotton after all.

Shrink It!!! Must be a tiny man.

Comment

LOL...must be nice to have to worry about shrinking shirts...i gotta stretch them...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tonytheskin View Post
                Shrink It!!! Must be a tiny man.

LOL...must be nice to have to worry about shrinking shirts...i gotta stretch them...LOL
                LMAO. Actually, I'm short. I hate to tuck my shirts in and XL shirts make me feel like I'm wearing a dress. lol

Comment

trying having to wear xxl or xxxl and being 6'3"....LOL it sucks being a norweigan ogre....especially when you wear platforms and skirts....woooo....too much info given away, LOL!

Comment

especially when you wear platforms and skirts....woooo....too much info given away, LOL!
                    heh, Well, that's one of the great things about being a member of the hearse subculture... right?

Anyway, I went ahead and placed an order for the XL. We'll see how it turns out when it comes in.

Comment

Wait. I hafta say-that shirt is pretty cool. I thought Hot Topic only carried emo stuff now.

Comment

Their shirts kinda run on the small side also(to accomodate skinny emo kids) so you should be OK.

Comment

Well, I just got my XL shirt in. It's fine, doesn't even need shrinking. Thanks again for everyone's replies.

Also, where I said the front of the cadillac was a little off for a 1972. It turns out that even though the license plate says 1972 the cadillac is obviously a 1969 or 1970. Oh well, I guess they thought that the emo boys couldn't tell the difference. And if they did, it would just be another ironic tragedy to cry over.

Comment

Working...
                          X