Party Theme Ramblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party Theme Ramblings

Several months ago, my wife and I were talking about ‘funeral arrangements’ … just casual conversation over dinner. Things like what music, degree of religious involvement, cremation vs. ‘traditional’ interment, things like that. Well, I kinda made a smart-ass remark something to the effect of; “Hell, I want the funeral to be a party and I want to be alive for it, and then when the time comes, you can just plunk me in the ground … no muss, no fuss.” I don’t think that this is really all that unique, and I know that I am not the first one to think of it … so I started doing a little online research and have so far, come up pretty empty-handed.

Now, it seemed only natural that this event be a ‘Funeral-themed’ party … that would be a variation of the oh-so-typical “Over the Hill” theme for a 50th birthday. So, I started looking for information on “Fun_eral” and “Birthday Fun_eral Party” and similar events. I realize that the whole fun_eral thing is over-used in hearse and/or Goth cultures also … so, you would think that there would be a shit-ton of information and YouTube videos, websites, yada-yada, blah blah blah. I can’t find squat. All I can find are a few blogs yappin’ about “ought to do that” and one ‘party planner’ website in Maine that offers a Birthday Fun-eral Package that looks pretty weak to me.

So, I ask you fellow hearse drivers … is the whole Funeral-themed Party thing lame-o? I am turning 50 years old soon, and want to throw a cool party that my Halloween-enthusiast friends, some ‘straights’ and even a few hearse drivers will enjoy.

Anybody offer up some opinions? Or, any of you computer-savvy folk able to find anything (good, bad or indifferent) on the subject? You gotta remember, I am just an old-fart!

Thanks,
    -Thirsty-
    Last edited by Thirsty; 11-18-2007, 11:33 AM. Reason: Typo
Working...
X