Interesting predicament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting predicament

So this is odd. I am at work today and doing my usual upstairs internet orders and stuff like that. Well I come downstairs the one guy who was worked here forever hands me a note and his cell phone. Apparently he is quitting because he cannot take it anymore here. Very odd indeed. Well i tell him thats a shame and it was nice working with him.

Well, he leaves and I realize....Holy crap! I am the only one here!

::insert McCauly Kulkin scream here::

Well, the owner is currently cokming back from Sweden....his wife is 3 hours away at the airport waiting for him. the partner is two hours away at the hospital dealing with his sick mother...and the only other store guy is an hour away at his brother's school and can't make it in....that leaves....ME!

This would be all fine and dandy but here is the kicker...i was never trained in the daily operations of the actual store. now i got people coming in wanting to buy bikes, have them serviced, and one lady wanting to return a defective part which is under some type of weird warranty and we are supposed to give them a new wheel on site. Well, i know nothing of that and don't even know how to work this weird register we have.

This is crazy! I have noidea what to do, except deal with the people who come in blindly and do the best that I can. Just frickin great LOL!

Bicycles?

Comment

Well I come downstairs the one guy who was worked here forever hands me a note and his cell phone. Apparently he is quitting because he cannot take it anymore here.
      What a selfish prick. He could have given a couple of days notice. Instead he gave YOU the shaft, not his former boss.

Comment

Also, my best advice is to inform every customer that you come in contact with that you are very short handed and you don't have a lot of experience in that area. Most people/customers will be much easier to deal with if you are up front with them.

Comment

Yes Vamp...motorcycles you have to work to get to move, LOL. I am not a tore guy though...I do internet sales like ebay and customer service type stuff for the other rental locations.

Comment

Working...
          X