Finally Getting My Hearse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Getting My Hearse!

Just found my first hearse! It's a silver, 1978 Caddy! Picking it up on Saturday!

If its not an S&S feel free to post pics

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's an M&M. I'll post some soon as I get her!

Comment

the landau bows they used in the late 70s owned, the ones made up of 2 small bows parallel

Comment

this is a 78 m-m

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrads on your new baby!

Comment

wow congrats im green with envy...either that or im so mad im turning into the hulk... but yeah grats all the same

Comment

Grats, but allocate a lot of time for fixing it up...and a little money. Enough bad news, though, this is a wonderful time. I remember mine started with moving the driveshaft out of the way and hooking up a towbar. They start with this swaying thing sometimes, and you have to hold the wheel straight and let it smooth out, or you'll make it worse. Then I unhooked the towbar with the driveshaft still out and the coach started rolling down the road. The 3-way doors were locked together and I couldn't get to the bake. Tony was in the front yard and I yelled at him for help, and he said, "Just a minute". I'll never forget my replay...

"Just a minute, my ass! The hease is rolling down the street"

Well, enjoy your new toy. It will get you a lot of attention, especially when you start driving to work, or church

Always use your jack stands on level concrete and kick the bumpers to make sure that it's solid before you go underneath it. These cars are heavy, long, and have lots of blind spots, so be sure to stick on some convex mirrors, and be careful backing up.

And most important of all, don't get frustrated and put it on Ebay. I have 5 cars, and sometimes the hearse just has to sit there for a while until circumstances are right for working on it.

Love thy coach as thy self - Fellations 41:69

Comment

yeah i'll second that - be careful when backing up, especially at night.

never park where you might back into obstacles such as trees, or low retaining walls. body work is not cheap.

Comment

The pics I've seen look a lot like that on! Thank you all! The driver window is broken, but we already have a replacement! Got lucky, getting the glass and replacement for $160! Only has 53K miles, and runs good maybe I won't have to do much work to him! I will always be careful, and attention is what I hope for, though I doubt it will go to church very often, unless he can drive himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaos Photo View Post
                      T Only has 53K miles, and runs good maybe I won't have to do much work to him! I
                      oh you will you will yoda says

take my word stop at one once you get 2 then its 3 then 4 5 6 7 it never ends

Comment

congrats on the new toy!!!

Comment

oh and btw

congrats you'll love it

Comment

Will post some pics soon. Having to do a little work with the hoses and belts, things of that nature! I am in love...

Comment

cant wait to see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X