Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Musical equipment is like an addiction you can't win over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musical equipment is like an addiction you can't win over.

So I bought that Gretsch a few weeks ago and have been playing it constantly - the issue is that my crate GX212 amp sounds like shit for playing blues or rockabilly (great amp for metal or shredding though, and my bass amp isn't going to cut the mustard either for good rockabilly). I was at Music-Go-Round yesterday and they had a smoking deal on a Fender Blues Junior all tube amp and I just couldn't resist.

Man this thing plays sooooo dope. The sound is perfect, I think all I need now to get that exact sound I'm looking for is a set of TV Jones pickups and I'll be gravy.
    Now if I could just get the skill to go with the rig I'd be even more set.

Ganci

Here is a link to it

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Comment

Rock on

Comment

I know what you mean!

I just bought myself a really sweet Ibanez artcore Hollowbody with a Bigsby on it. I played it side by side with the Gretch Electromatic and it was just as pleasing sonically but seemed to stay in tune better, mostly due to the roller bridge on it.

But my amp......I FINALLY bought the amp I always wanted. Peavey Classic 30 all tube first generation blonde two channel amp! I used to sell these new for 324.99 10 years ago and now a used one goes for over 500. I havent recorded with it yet but I will be soon. Cant want to hear it tracked side by side with my upright.

The other amp I seriously considered was the Fender Hotrod 410 combo, that thing totally screams! A guy I used to jam with in a psychobilly band had one. The only problem is to really get it to sing you had to crank it and its hard to record that way. But for live......man its just unreal loud and still manages to maintain some degree of definition. For me the real test it being able to crank it and still being able to really hear the difference when you change from a major chord to a minor. Too much gain and it just gets lost in the shuffle.

Alex!

Comment

Working...
        X