Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Challenger...

Damn, just damn.

Oh yeah baby, the Muscle Car Wars (patent pending) are totally on now and Dodge is showing it — revealing both a new commercial for the new muscle car that declares simply "It's On!" and then by dropping a pricing of $37,995 on the limited-edition, top of the line and 6.1-liter Hemi-powered 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8

I want one.

Comment

I saw a few of these at SEMA this year, and let me say I about came in my pants. They also had the concept Hemi Cuda there, and its body was the exact same as the old version, but with 2007 interior. It was so well done, I walked by it without even noticing it was a new car.

Comment

I want one.
        I wish I could buy you one.

I wrote to Chrysler when I saw their last concept car, which kind of resembled a gold wristwatch inside (actually, I liked it better than these sporty models), and I wrote to them and told them how wonderful it was that they were making American-looking cars, and not going with the wedge-shaped Japanese look like Cadillac and all the others. They actually sent me a personalized letter about it, and said that they would talk to the design department.

They're still on track! I see that the old 60's spirit has been resurrected, and although I'm not a sports car enthusiast, I do like this one. If it's made anywhere but in the US, I don't want to hear about it. It has the classic American look, and I'll bet it will outrun just about anything on the road. I'm having a little trouble understanding this panel, though. Does it show the speeds at which it shifted into reach gear?

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
          I wish I could buy you one.

I wrote to Chrysler when I saw their last concept car, which kind of resembled a gold wristwatch inside (actually, I liked it better than these sporty models), and I wrote to them and told them how wonderful it was that they were making American-looking cars, and not going with the wedge-shaped Japanese look like Cadillac and all the others. They actually sent me a personalized letter about it, and said that they would talk to the design department.

They're still on track! I see that the old 60's spirit has been resurrected, and although I'm not a sports car enthusiast, I do like this one. If it's made anywhere but in the US, I don't want to hear about it. It has the classic American look, and I'll bet it will outrun just about anything on the road. I'm having a little trouble understanding this panel, though. Does it show the speeds at which it shifted into reach gear?

-denise
          Denise, that is very thoughtful, I wish you could buy me one too. These really do show a true resemblance to the original. I would be just as happy with one of those too. SO now you know what I want for Christmas.

But seriously, wait a few years and these will come down in price just like the Magnums and the Chargers.

It did not show the speeds to where it shifted gears. I will look for specs on it and post them here if i feel a little better tonight.

Comment

This is the indicator that I was referring to.
            Attached Files

Comment

2008 Dodge Challenger Preliminary Specifications

The Basics

Vehicle Type: mid size sporty coupe

Drive train

Drive wheels: rear

Base Engine: 6.1-liter Hemi V8

Horsepower: 450

Torque: 450 pound-feet

Transmissions: six-speed manual, five-speed automatic

Dimensions

Wheelbase: n/a

Length: n/a

Width: n/a

Height: n/a

Base curb weight: n/a

With the lowest curb weight of any vehicle equipped with the 6.1-liter Hemi V8, the Challenger should be able to do 0-60 mph in a scorching 4.5 seconds.

True to its 1970s design theme, the 2008 Dodge Challenger has a clean profile due in part to the absence of central roof pillars, making it a true hardtop. Dodge has not announced plans for a Challenger convertible.

A modern suspension design fortified with fat tires, powerful anti lock brakes, and an anti skid system should give the Challenger road manners the muscle cars of yore couldn't come close to matching.

While the nose and tail of the 2008 Dodge Challenger clearly mimic those of the 1970 Challenger, the body sides take their cue from the classic Challenger's sister car, the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda. Our source on that bit of styling scuttlebutt? One Michael Castiglione, the senior design manager who drew up the 2008 Dodge Challenger. Mike's a big fan of the '70 Barracuda.

I know it is not much info, but it is all the specs I could find right now on it and I still don't even think that it answers your question Denise.

Comment

You kn ow, when i worked for chrysler financial up until recently I was always saying once this car comes out I may end upo becoming a dodge guy.

Comment

Working...
                X