No announcement yet.

For those of you that don't know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to wish you a speedy recovery, and best wishes. Have a close friend here with the same thing and she has recovered nicely. Just has to watch what she eats and the amounts.....also merry Christmas to all.......

Comment

Thank you... I have other things going on too, that they can't figure out. I did not get put in the hospital. But last week when I did, I was not expecting it. So I don't know what doctors visits bring anymore.
      Last edited by msc0nduct; 12-13-2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Thank you... I have other thongs going on too,
        Thongs? Who the hell wears a thong in the hospital? I thought you were wearing pajama bottoms.

Sorry...trying to cheer you up. I hope it doesn't hurt to laugh.

Nope, it didn't hurt a bit.

Bon Courage,
        Denise

Comment

It did hurt damn it!!!!!! :Shakes fist: And I was wearing pajama bottoms AND a thong.

You made me go back and correct myself. :Shakes fist again: :P

Comment

Another trip to the ER tonight becaue the pain was so bad I was pucking my guts out. As usual 3 shots morphine, one in the ass mind you, 2 shot of phenigren (also one in the ass). I was so dehydrated they gave me to bags but had to try 3 times for the IV. I fucking hate that.

Comment

I'll take a 21-ga. needle in the butt cheek and enjoy it, if I like the person who is doing the stabbing. I used to have to give myself a shot once in a while, and it almost seemed like masturbation. To make it worse, they never told me that I had to aspirate to make sure that I wasn't in a vein. I shot some really nasty medicine into my heart one time, but I was out at our hangar at Bisbee-Douglas airport, and aside from trying to get the attention of someone in the guard towers at the state prison next door, which is akin to demanding a miracle from God, all I could do was wait to see if I was going to live or die.

I think that they put the phenergan in there to keep you from getting sick from the morphine. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, but they're being halfass merciful with you, at least. They're getting rid of your pain, or trying to, as fast as they can.

IVs, I hate 'em too, and blood samples. They will tear my elbow to pieces while I tell them just to put the needle in the back of my hand. They can't find a vein in my elbow, and that's the most sensitive part of my arm. Now don't anybody forget that. You might want to make love to my arms someday.

I had an IV after my neck surgery, and it made me have to pee, all night long. I found that bedpan just about impossible to use, but I don't think I peed in the sheets either, so I don't know where four or five bags of that stuff went. I know they didn't put a catheter in there, because...you remember that. After I was discharged, they forgot to take the IV out, so I just did it myself.

Don't get dehydrated. I got dehydrated (peeing orange, almost dead) on a trip to Vegas. I thought I was getting the flu really bad, then after a couple of days, I thought I was dying. Why Tony didn't take me to the ER in Vegas, I don't know.

I couldn't sit up in a seat, so Tony threw me in the back seat of the plane and threw luggage on top of me. I imagine we were still a little aft. It's a strange feeling, thinking that you're going to die. The idea doesn't bother me much, so I didn't fight it too hard. Eventually, I just accepted that I was going to arrive as just another piece of luggage, went to sleep and didn't expect to wake up. I don't remember exactly how we got to the ER, but the pain was so bad that I wished I hadn't woken up. Five minutes after they put the IV bag in, I felt like new and was ready to go home, but they made me take two litres.

Well, there's another novel for you to read. Get well soon. Tell the good folks at the hospital to fix you up or I'm going to take that ride up there anyway, to kick their asses.

73 88
              -denise

Comment

Maybe you do need to come up here and get them on track. They need to figure out something. Or give me a shot of morphine to keep at home for emergencies.

Comment

Maybe you do need to come up here and get them on track. They need to figure out something. Or give me a shot of morphine to keep at home for emergencies.
                  I agree. The last time I can remember a doctor diagnosing anything correctly on me was the chickenpox or something like that in childhood. If they can't do anything properly, pain control is all I want from the medical community.

I'm not looking forward to this physical therapy for my shoulder at all. PT has never caused me anything but more pain, then I come home and wait for it to ease up to where it was before. I just hope it's a woman hurting me this time, not a man. A woman whom I don't know seems less like a stranger to me than a man does.

-denise

Comment

I have been in Davis Hospital since yesterday morning. I will leave this hospital no earlier than tomorrow. Then I will be transfered to University Hospital. The only way this will cjange is if they find out what is realy wrong... I hope you had a merry x-mas.

Comment

I just got word.. they think it might be Clostridum Difficile. Well it it that, but oly part of it.

Comment

Oh damn, it's good to hear from you. I was going to call you today if I didn't.

That must be extremely frustrating, them not being able to diagnose this properly, and being in the hospital sucks. If there is anything I can do, give me a buzz. I like a good buzz.

I'm still stuck here doing nothing but paperwork until they start me on PT (torture) for the right shoulder on 1/22. A friend came over and fixed the left one.

-denise

Comment

It is Clostridum Difficile. They are putting in a "pick line" in about an hour. I am so scared. They will also do an ecocardogram to make sure the adema I have is not from heart failure or something of the sort.
                          He is shooting for me to get out of the hospital tomorrow. Thats if I can cut back on pain meds and hold down antibiotics oraly.
                          Thanks all of you, please do keep me in your thoughhts and prayers. I need all the help I can get.

Comment

Do they take out the picc line before you go home, or do they leave it in in case you have to go back?

Give me a call or email if you need anything, or just want to talk. If I don't answer the phone, give me a couple of minutes to call you back or voicemail me. I've been in and out of reality because of my meds, and earlier the phone woke me up and I couldn't figure out how to answer it before it went into voicemail.

Bon courage,
                            Denise

Comment

They did not put in a pic line. He decided against it. If they can make this IV work through today then I won't have to have one.

Comment

That sounds like good news, like he thinks that the antibiotics are going to take care of it. I sure hope so for you. You've been through enough.

-denise

Comment

Working...
                                X