Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware

Just spoke to the guys at CW Coach today. They sold us a driver's side window for too much, and have been telling me it shipped for the past week. Today I finally got the FedEx tracking number, and , lo and behold, the damn thing shipped TODAY! I called back, and the guy who sold it to me said they had been lying to him about it shipping and the only thing he could do for me was say sorry. I am so freakin' pissed off right now that I could explode, but since they are hundreds of miles from me and I can't stomp a mud hole in anyone, I thought I would come here and bitch! (Ain't that what friends are for?) I have heard good things about Carl, whom I assume is the owner, but I never spoke with him. If you need something in a hurry, (like we do since we can't drive Judas much w/out the window!), I wouldn't recommend them. I know we will never buy from them again.

Not to mention, they are extremely high priced... because they know what that have and that people need it.

Comment

huh.... I recently got a door with glass intact from them a while back for a VERY resonable price and it was shipped that day and received the next day, I guess it depends on who you happen to get on the phone.

Comment

Alors, tu te calmes. Ce n'est pas grave.

Nice to have a place to blow off steam, though, isn't it? Not to mention give out a little "word of mouth".

I waited five weeks for the shipment of a windscreen for my 76, and I was glad to get it. People make mistakes, and you can't go to Wal-mart and get these parts. Also, there is a LOT to be said for someone who comes across with the truth, even if you have to pull some teeth to get it. I was ripped off by an air conditioning company in Vegas, and the mechanic lied his ass off because he didn't want to have to redo his little muff job at his expense.

Here's a funny story for you, albeit it not resumé material. I fucked over a freight company good. Air cargo companies have a service called COMAT (company material) that they use to ship envelopes around, and Emory Worldwide allowed me, as a maintenance station manager and through agreement with both companies, to ship back small boxes, which usually came through on an unused part of the radio shelf, or behind a seat. One day we had an engine failure, so the company sent me an engine, about a $2 million overhauled item, with thousands in emergency shipping costs, I hired some helpers from another airline and their forklift, and we got it done. (Incidentally, if you ever get a chance to take the first flight on an airplane with a new engine, do it. It's invigorating, even if you don't do the flying.)

Of course, there was this problem of what to do with this crate containing the old engine, twice the girth of a casket and a little longer, weighing some 2000#. I used to do a lot of booze and dope back then, and it didn't occur to me at the time that our shipments didn't go directly back home on our aircraft. They went through Emory's whole hub and spoke system. I sent the engine back COMAT, which means that every freight loader, forklift driver and pilot who was handed this thing must have said, "What am I supposed to do with this thing? Stick it up my ass? Bury somebody in it?"

I got a call about this a few weeks later from Gary, the main supervisor at Dallas. Gary is the only reason I didn't get tossed on my ass a long time before this, and this was probably because he was a drunk at the time too, and when we were out with pilots at bars having drinking contests, Gary had me with him, instead of being the lone mechanic (not that Gary would over lose a drinking contest). Anyway, the call went like this:

Denise?

Yeah, hi Gary!

Got a question for you.

Sure. What's up?

Did you send...two thousand pounds....of COMAT....through Emory?

Umm...oh yeah, the aircraft engine.

Denise?

Ummm...yeah?

If you ever have to send back anything bigger than an instrument, it had better come back here by some kind of motor freight.

OK, you got it. Hey, when are you coming up here for a beer?

(click)

Sorry for the novel....I spend a lot of time alone. I usually type a whole page in my diary every day.

Votre amie et la mienne
        -denise
        Last edited by Morella; 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM. Reason: Syntax

Comment

Originally posted by msc0nduct View Post
          Not to mention, they are extremely high priced... because they know what that have and that people need it.

Yeah, $350 for door glass! Found that out the hard way! Oh well. Everyone has some good points. It is great to have a place to vent, and I am sure who you speak with has a lot to do with it. And parts can be hard to find. I am more disappointed than angry now, I really wanted to have this done on Saturday. Oh well. I guess I can wait another week.

Comment

supply and demand its what makes the world goround

Comment

The first thing I would honestly recommend is that you find out who was telling you that it shipped, then find a way to contact Carl directly so you can let him know your irritation over the subject. He is a decent business man, but I also know he is very VERY busy and that he has a lot of help around there, so it's best to let him know so something can be done about it.

On the price, yeah he does tend to be a bit more high priced but in many cases, especially with glass, he is taking it out of a running, driving hearse that could be sold whole, and now is becoming a parts car.

At any rate, sorry to hear about your bad experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaos Photo View Post
                Yeah, $350 for door glass! Found that out the hard way!

They charged me 350 for the whole door w/glass for an 81 S+S INCLUDING shipping!

Comment

They wanted to charge me $400 for a windshield for a my 1975 caddy Superior that they were parting out off of a 74 caddy M-M. And they would not ship it. It was pick up only. They tried to sell me a M-M back door for my Superior without glass for $500 plus shipping. I just thought I would share my experiences with them. But I have never purchased anything from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
                    The first thing I would honestly recommend is that you find out who was telling you that it shipped, then find a way to contact Carl directly so you can let him know your irritation over the subject. He is a decent business man, but I also know he is very VERY busy and that he has a lot of help around there, so it's best to let him know so something can be done about it.

On the price, yeah he does tend to be a bit more high priced but in many cases, especially with glass, he is taking it out of a running, driving hearse that could be sold whole, and now is becoming a parts car.

At any rate, sorry to hear about your bad experience!
                    Thanx for the commiseration, but I don't think it would help to call him.I mean, what can he do? They did have to pull it out of a car, but I still think it was a little steep. And, considering I paid $60 bucks for shipping, they could have sent it sooner. Oh well. I say I won't use them again, but if I have to, or do without parts, then I will use them again. I just love my car and want it to be awesome.

Kaos

Comment

Originally posted by Chace View Post
                      They charged me 350 for the whole door w/glass for an 81 S+S INCLUDING shipping!
                      The bastards! 350 included shipping, but I definitely didn't get a whole door! Maybe it's cause mine's older? Yet again, oh well!

Comment

Has anyone tried using thick Lexan for side windows or rear windows? I've planned to do it if mine were ever broken, but I'd like to hear about other people's experience, like glare, strength and sealing.

-denise

Comment

Originally posted by Morella View Post
                          Has anyone tried using thick Lexan for side windows or rear windows? I've planned to do it if mine were ever broken, but I'd like to hear about other people's experience, like glare, strength and sealing.

-denise
                          They used Lexan for 4 years on the rear door of my 55, until they found glass for it.

Comment

They used Lexan for 4 years on the rear door of my 55, until they found glass for it.
                            Thank you, Darling, but um...at least tell me if it had any problems? I know you don't feel well sometimes.

In fact, please call me when you can. I was worried about you yesterday.

Bon Courage, meilleurs souhaits.
                            -denise

Comment

Working...
                            X