Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self tuning guitar.

Slick as owl shit I tell you.

Gibson's Powertune system has been in the works for quite awhile, and although there are other axes out there that claim to tune themselves, only a Gibson will do for some. Reportedly, the firm is readying a "new line of instruments" that are equipped with the system, which includes "an additional set of pickups mounted underneath the strings that are used specifically for the tuning process." By using all sorts of digital electronics and fancy algorithms, the equipment is able to automatically tune the strings, but it only activates when users pull out the Master Control Knob. Purportedly, the system can have have all six strings back in tune "within a few seconds," and you can even utilize a number of pre-programmed alternate tunings if that's your bag. 'Course, it's certainly debatable whether the hands-off approach to tuning is worth the extra $899 or so, but it's sure sweet to have the opion. Click on for more pictures.

i think that's cheating

Comment

Wow, I think that is pretty cool.

Comment

Fuck yeah....that is all i can say.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan_ricks View Post
          i think that's cheating
          have you ever had to tune and retune and then tune again? it gets to be a major pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by staynedglass View Post
            have you ever had to tune and retune and then tune again? it gets to be a major pain in the ass.
            Floyd Rose, buddy.

Comment

have you ever had to tune and retune and then tune again?
              No, not me. I play the kazoo. I buy a box of a hundred, and when one gets out of tune, I just throw it away.

Comment

Also what interests me is the HD6 guitar on Gibson's site. It runs through a hex pickup and you can control individual volumes and settings and effects on each individual string. The cable that hooks up to the guitar is Cat5.

I have had a Roland Synth hex pickup for years on my mockingbird, it actually splits up the signal of each string, on my synth, I can adjust each string the same way with a different patch or adjustment. Its good to see the mainstream coming online too.

That being said, I can't have either of them, because they are Les Pauls.
                I'm a lefty, I doubt they make the left handed version of those, and if they did it'd be extra ass rape on top of the price. And call me crazy, but I think a right hand looks cool, but a left hand les paul looks retarded.

Comment

but a left hand les paul looks retarded.
                  agreed

Comment

Now if they came out with that for a violin I would be happy as poop...ad apparently poop is very happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X