Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on here a writer or have a writing published.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here a writer or have a writing published.

Well once more I have some folks [some close to me] pushing me to have some of my writings published. A few years back I had an English professor at Kent state university push me to publish some of my works. She always told me that I had a special tilt on life and she would love me to pursue a career in the English arts. I was trying to achieve a degree as a physical therapy assistant and math my personal kryptonite crushed that attempt. I just could not pass second year algebra. I do admit I did enjoy psychology and sociology though. I guess It was fun being the devils advocate in those classes, but I digress. I have had one particular work I have spent almost four years on. The bulk of my stuff is a cross between dark poetry and erotic writings.

My English professor reopened my eyes to the enjoyment that I had once had in writing until a high school English teacher completely destroyed my love for writing. Some are a bit to close to my own life to publish, but she told me that these were some of the best writings she had seen from a undeveloped writer in many years. I felt she was telling me the truth. One was a writing of a walk through my mind from the finely crafted facade that the world sees to the dimly lit inner sanctum that hides all my deepest most disturbed thoughts. It was inspired by a Pulitzer Prize winners story [short cartoon] of a mans walk thru his mind. I cannot remember the title though. I will need to find my old books.

Back to the original point, I have no clue how to let alone who to ask what I need to know to attempt publishing these works. I don’t want to get ripped off or screwed. It seams we are extremely diverse club here. Any constructive help is greatly appreciated even if you wish to PM me with assistance.

tgf

i wrote a novel after i graduated from college and didn't have anything else better to do.

i stopped about quarter of the way through the first re-write and haven't picked it back up

Comment

I was published a long time ago.
      I used the "Writer's Guide" to get the addresses and break down on different publishers to send my works to.
      You can get the Writer's Guide at most bookstores.

Comment

If my synapses can fire for more than a minute or two, I'll ask my brother. He has sold some of his work.

I write movie scripts as a hobby sometimes. The one I would do if I were really serious would start with a cargo plane running into trouble in the clouds and crashing, and then flashing back to the ridiculous, asinine, and mostly illegal lives of the three crewmembers. The majority of it would actually be true, but name changed. It would scare the shit out of the flying public, as if they need more of that, but they would be so surprised to learn that passenger airline crews are the same genre.

-denise

Comment

Here's a reply I got:

If it's "genre" type stuff (science fiction, fantasy, horror, erotica, etc.) he might try www.ralan.com Ralan has a huge # of listings for markets.

-denise

Comment

Working...
          X