draining the wallet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draining the wallet

Well I really thought that buying a newer model hearse would really help out in the mechanical department. Since I travel I bought a newer one for dependability and gas mileage. I'm beginning to think otherwise. I've already had to leave my hearse home once already and now I'm going to have to do it again for another tour out on the road. Adding to the list of problems I have: Brakes,starter, leaking air ride, and in need of a tuneup. My hearse decided that wasn't enough to set me back from buying some aftermarket stuff to pimp it out. It decided yesterday to blow out one of the steel brake lines yesterday while trying to avoid an idiot stopped in the middle of the road. After a near miss I climbed up under there only to realize that all of my hard lines for the brakes are completely rusted and in dire need of replacement. That doesn't include the new tires and all new exhaust for it that I've already replaced. Man this thing is definetely turning into a drain on the ole pocketbook. Now with the new additions to the list I'm really beginning to wonder if it will be finished in time for the spring car shows. Guess thats what I get for buying a new york car!

It happens. They can run great for months, so you start pimping a little and planning some trips in them, and all of a sudden, they seem to fall apart mechanically. Sometimes people get disgusted and sell them for next to nothing, and somebody else gets a bargain, spends $500, and ends up with a nice coach. The best thing I know to do is inspect it as much as you can, and park it and think about it for a while before you sell.

-denise

Comment

Well I'm not quite that frustrated with it yet, that I want to sell it. But since I do use this as my main transportation out on the road it definetely frustrating that this thing keeps on nickel and diming me to death. This wouldn't be bad at all if it was strictly a playtoy and I could leave it at home till I had all the parts bought and put on all at once. Course if that was the case I would have definetely gone much older. I love the 60's hearses and I will have one as a playtoy one day.

Comment

This reason is why I designed (with the help from the old DE logo) a logo for the now defunt C.H.A.O.S. club a logo with a Skull and Crossed Wrenches. Because if you're into hearses, you are probably into skulls, and if you are into hearses, you're gonna need some wrenches.

Unfortunetly the JPG is on my other computer and I can't get to it now. I only have an avatar sized one on this computer, but I can't get it to load up. I click the "insert Image" button but it has to be linked from a site not a computer.

Comment

Comment

I love that logo!

Its true, any older car (especially from a snow/salt state) will strand you at the most inopportune time. But thats what we are here for. There is a lot of experience on this board. Just ask, we are happy to help.

Comment

Cool, thx Ed, I needed a copy of this so I can get it as my next Tattoo, (minus the lettering) now I don't have to worry about getting my old computer working so soon.

Comment

Stole it from TJ's Myspace page.

Comment

BTW Did you notice I used the RHPS font for the lettering?

Comment

Guess thats what I get for buying a new york car![/quote]

That's why I went to Ohio for mine (oh, ya, I live in NY)

Comment

I did too, mine came from c&w coach sales. But I guess it originated from new york and the undercarriage shows it. My brake lines and gas lines are completely rusted through. If i would have bought here locally it shouldn't be that being a '90 and all. I don't see how you all keep your cars looking nice up there. Bet its a major hassle.

Comment

This wouldn't be bad at all if it was strictly a playtoy and I could leave it at home till I had all the parts bought and put on all at once
                        Maybe. If you have another car to drive, your coach may end up sitting there. Mine is driveable, just needs some electrical upgrades finished, but when it sits there for a month or two, I drive it around the block, maybe run a couple of wires just to do something.

It depends on what else you have to do, and how much time and money you have. It's very easy for your situation to change and you no longer have the time, money, or health to work on the hearse, unless you're really stubborn and/or you let other things go (that's me). I'm just glad that mine won't rust here in Arizona. Even a car that has a little rust on it will go years here without it getting any worse.

I have some body and electrical upgrade work to do on the hearse, but the tags are expired on the Chrysler and I can't make the emissions numbers without replacing the brake booster. That should be a 1-2 hour job, but again, there go those nasty circumstances getting in the way. I'm driving Tony's POS Volvo right now, just to put off having to get an oil change done on my new car.

I don't understand how you guys work in the cold, unless you have 28' heated garages...insulated coveralls?

-denise

Comment

I don't understand how you guys work in the cold, unless you have 28' heated garages...insulated coveralls?

-denise[/quote]

Yep, sounds good... but...
                          My garage is 20' wide by 35' deep and I keep by coach & wife's limo in most of the time. However, with the cold weather the cars often find themselves out side as I work on my daily junk.

I guess what I mean is no matter what, it's never enough :-)

Comment

I went outside just out to the truck today, and it was sunny, but freezingassed cold. Of course I would have worn more than a T-shirt and panties if I were going to be out there for a while.

Tomorrow I need to put on everything I have and try to get that brake booster done. I hate having more than one car down at a time.

-denise

Comment

I would have worn more than a T-shirt and panties if I were going to be out there for a while.
                              I love it when you talk sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X