No announcement yet.

Anybody ever replaced an OMC I/O boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever replaced an OMC I/O boot?

The boot that connects the OMC 400 stern drive to my Arrow Glas Scorpion has been destroyed by sunlight. Has anyone ever replaced one, or had it done? I was wondering how much it would cost to have done, or if it's as easy as it looks in the Seyloc book. They make it look ike you just pull the pins and pull off the back of the drive. I'm getting ready to call around locally, but my budget is getting a little tight.

Believe it or not, I haven't have much success in the boating forums, so I'm trying the car forums next. Would appreciate any info.

Thanks

-denise

Oddly enough - I have!

The only issue is that the sucker is heavy as hell and when you pull the pins out it will fall and kill you.

Comment

Do you think I could get it out with a shop crane? I called a boat shop, and they said that they couldn't even get the part, and the 1983 model was too hard to work on. That's dicking rifuckulous...any boot that will clamp to the OMC 400 will do.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with mechanics. When I was a professional mechanic, I fixed anything they gave me. I might throw tools across the floor and shout things that would offend Satan's ears, but I fixed it, whatever it took. Telling somebody that a job was "too hard to work on" just wasn't done...if you don't want to be a mechanic, go across the street and set up a hot dog cart.

Well, that's my morning vent. Since it looks like I have to do it myself, do you know of any good vendors for parts?

thanks

-denise

Comment

Working...
      X