Ripping DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripping DVDs

I used to use DVD2AVI, but it doesn't work any more since I had to resysgen my laptop. The problem seems to be that you have to specify a compressor that it likes. I was using Pinnacle's and telling it in the config not to compress, which worked fine, but it's a crappy program and locks up a lot. I also tried Gordian Knot, which can't even find the files, according to the instructions.

Is there a ripper that works, preferably one that goes right to mpg? If it can handle DL, that would be great too.

thanks

-denise

Well for copying I use dvd fab platinum. As for making them an mpg I use convertx. It can compress if needed and can convert to almost all formats and is a free dl. I forget the other software I use that will compress a dual layer to fit 1 dvd+r single layer.

Comment

I use anydvd and dvdclone from slysoft u can find them easily on ur local torrents

Comment

The best I have found has been dvdmagic. It can convert to many many formats, compress a dual layer to fit a single layer disc. It is super fast. I have done some major disc in less than 8 minutes. I loved it but it is expensive. I used it to put movies on my chipod.

Comment

Working...
        X