Some general advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some general advice wanted

I just found out what my last employer did to me, taking away my FHLA 1/2 day at a time while I worked 1/2 days, was illegal...one more thing to get pissed about, if I want to.

I wonder, though...fighting with these companies is a pain in the ass and just gets me all depressed. Going forward with our new trucking corporation, while it's a little irritating, makes me feel positive.

Should I just forget about all of the bullshit that bothers me, maybe see if I can let a lawyer get me SS disability, but the rest of it, maybe just put a few thousand bucks behind me and move on to better things? The company I worked for has already changed hands, and maybe insurance companies.

I have tons of business books to read, I'll constanly be working on our LLC veil, keeping the books, doing our web page, handling banking and credit cards...maybe not all that much fun, but it's for our own company, and I can set my own hours and work from home. I'm already trying to hire another driver.

I'm just running out of steam, and the doctor says that stress makes my injury worse. Is it worth it to keep appealing and fighting, or should I go forward with what could amount to something for us?

-denise

just walk away

sometimes you just got to say fuckit

us little people always get runover

Comment

If it's illegal, it doesn't hurt to file something with the attorney general and let them take care of it if there's a case.

Comment

I would be afraid that the DA would be too busy prosecuting people for smoking dope.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, every state has a department of employment. I am way to sick right now to tell you the exact name of the office, but I do know this - they are no fucking joke. I worked for this asswipe company that was refusing to give me my final check for nearly a month, they called and 3 days later I was awash in 82 hard earned bucks!

Practical, and you don't have to hire a lawyer.

Comment

I'm going to send an appeal to the company insurance agent, for the back money they owe me. Their letter is so ridiculous that it demands a reply. I'll also copy my doctor, since they've accused him of saying some things that he could not possibly have said.

All I want is the back money that I'm owed, though. We're moving forward from here.

-denise

Comment

Working...
            X