liberal media spin.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liberal media spin.........

Two boys in Boston were playing baseball when a killer Rottweiler attacked one of them. The dog had already locked his jaws on the boy's legs.

Thinking quickly, the other boy ripped a board off of a nearby fence, wedged it into the dog's collar and twisted it, breaking the dog's neck.

A newspaper reporter from the Boston Herald witnessed the incident and rushed over to interview the boy.

The reporter began entering data into his laptop, beginning with the headline, 'Brave Boston Red Sox Fan Saves Friend from Jaws Of Vicious Animal.'

'But I'm not a Boston Red Sox fan,' the little hero interjected.

'Sorry' replied the reporter. 'But since we're in Boston, I just assumed you were.'

Hitting the delete key, the reporter began again, 'John Kerry Supporter Rescues Friend From Horrific Dog Attack'

'But I'm not a John Kerry fan either,' the boy responds.

The reporter says, 'I assumed everybody in this state was either for the Red Sox, John Kerry, or Ted Kennedy. What team or person do you like?''

'I'm a Texas Ranger fan, and I really like George W. Bush', the boy says.

Hitting the delete key, the reporter begins again:

'Arrogant Little Republican Bastard Kills Beloved Family Pet.'

There is actually something to that. My brother is a reporter for the Chicago Tribune. He sent me an email about how "BIG OIL" was making the price of gas so high that his commute was expensive. I asked him what the term "big oil" meant, and reminded him that the entire paternal side of our family's income was from oil revenue.

He sent me an angry reply, telling me that he loved me as his sister, but that we shouldn't talk about politics, and that it was his business to know about the oil industry because he was a reporter. OK.

So I didn't bother to remind him that he sold his share of our great grandmother's mineral rights for about a hundred bucks, whereas I kept mine and have dragged in about $5,000 from them over the years. If I had reminded him of that, I would have to ask him if I were considered "BIG OIL".

What happens if I outlive my grandmother, or maybe even my dad, and drag in enough cash to buy a Jaguar and a new house, after he's dumped his share of the investments for chump change? Will that be enough to make me "BIG OIL", or do I need a Sunoco symbol on my car? Maybe go to work for Halliburton, their only executive subsidized by a government disabled/retarded progam? What a paradox that would be.

-denise

-denise

Comment

Working...
    X