I'll be in Tulsa on Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be in Tulsa on Wednesday

Looks like I will be in Tulsa on Wednesday to look at (and possibly be fixing/purchasing) a motor home for a friend. I know there is at least one of you who lives there....

Dude we are close, what time ya gonna be there.

Comment

My youngest brother has a shitload of motorhome/coach contacts since he drug home that SceniCruiser......he's already eyeballin' another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsa Guy View Post
        My youngest brother has a shitload of motorhome/coach contacts since he drug home that SceniCruiser......he's already eyeballin' another one.
        Hopefully this one works out for her, because we have to get lucky to find one that runs AND is in her price range. We're looking at a 1970 Avco in Tulsa. Any idea why we shouldn't go get it? It has been listed on Craigs' List 4 times now with no buyers...h

Comment

Did ya' bring it home?

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsa Guy View Post
            Did ya' bring it home?
            Nope. He claimed to have it running, but never offered to put a battery in it and prove it. Spaghetti under the dash. Spongy floors. EVERY lock broken on the hatches and doors. One of his kids took a crap in the toilet and left it for months. Fiberglass body needed patches. Said he put in brake fluid and "pumped them up" and finally got pressure. Skylight busted (hence the spongy floors). Chassis wiring "rigged". 50 gallon tank FULL of watered gasoline and varnish.

And he said it would be no problem to drive back to Dallas with a marine gas can hooked up to the fuel line and balanced on the doghouse...

She did find another one in Broken Arrow right after we got back to Dallas...

Comment

Jeez, sorry to hear about that....and to get back home and realize the other one was more or less in the same place....Dammit!
              Aaron has gotten his SceniCruiser running, and did move it from one side of the shop to the other where we've got better access to the air tools and welder. I thought hearse people were pretty intense about the history of their rides, but these SceniCruiser guys are F-in' encyclopedias! They have a registry of all the SceniCruisers, what routes Greyhound ran then on, when they were pulled outta' service, and just about all the civilian owners. Aaron's bus had all private owners listed up untill he bought it!
              They really enjoy finding a bus on the road, on Ebay or dead out in a field just to check and see if it was on the list or even unaccounted for.
              Real hardcore guys.......

Comment

Just got back from roken Arrow, and this time we were successful in buying one! More later, but this one needs a roof, and after 6 hours of struggle, it starts from the seat.

Comment

Ya should've let me know we aren't far from there either. I had the day off too.

Comment

Working...
                  X