New Tattoo (first)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tattoo (first)

Well I took a plunge and got my first ink done yesterday. It's just the outline, I have to get it filled in in a week or so. Took about 3 hours of non-stop work but I'm definately satisfied with it. I thought I'd share it with the hearse community because the subject matter is something that alot of you can probably appreciate. It's off of a Glenn Danzig cover, Black aria. Let me know what you think.

Whole Design

Detail

Original Album Art (I'll be coloring it in like this)
    Last edited by Kevin; 07-03-2008, 08:15 AM.

That is awesome! Gotta post pics when you've got it done.

Comment

Thanks. It seems to be healing well so hopefully I can get it colored and shaded in a few days or so. I'll definately post more pics when its finished.

Comment

that is gonna look sweet when its finished!

Comment

There was a dude at DragonCon Last year that had that on his back. I really like the fore arms better, Easier to show of.
          But DAMN dude, thats a hell of a piece to have as your first tat. It looks great, can't wait to see it finished. Sweet Work. Looks like the Artist did a great job.
          Attached Files

Comment

I figured theres a few of them inked on people, but when I searched the net I couldn't find any examples, thats the first one I've seen. Yeah, I considered getting it on my side, kindof over my rib cage but I wanted people to see it more often. Alot of people have been surprised that its my first tat since its so big, I guess people usually get something tiny for their first one. I liked the picture so much and theres so much detail in it that I decided to get it pretty big. I was hoping to get it colored by now but they haven't had an opening. I'll post a picture once I can get it colored and shaded. Thanks for the comps, I'll let the artist know that people are digging it too, he definately did a good job.

Comment

Working...
            X