A question i been wondering bout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question i been wondering bout

So i was wondering bout something. I was told from a guy very acknowdledgable bout coaches that made me wonder, i cant see it being true. I was told that the kinda coach i have, the '86 Deville FWD with the low roof line is gonna be the next big collecactable hearse, and this comming from someone whos got a drop dead gorgeous '59 Caddy Hearse. Now is there any way to find out production numbers and what not on coaches or is there no real way to track a number like that down?

I don't know, I just can't see that big of a demand for the 80's models. Even though I like that boxy feel myself. Everyone I talk to though wants one of the older models, mostly 196x's models.

Comment

yeah that sounds like bunk to me. i reckon the smaller 80's front wheel drive models are what people want the least, not the most.

unless he was assuming they're much better on gas mileage... which i don't think they are. one of my friend's has one, and he gets about 17 or 18, which is actually a little less than i get.

Comment

The best way to try and get some production numbers, would be to contact the Accubuilt company. They now own the Eureka, Miller-Meteor, Superior, and S&S names. They have a website with contact info on it. The website is Accubuilt.com. You should be able to find it for your, since it is not that old. The Superior company has best records.

Comment

i was able to get in the 20's per gallon in my 85 front wheel drive S&S.

Comment

i figured it was a bunch of bunk just well because what ya all have said, because when i was hearse shoppin a few people in the club told me to stay away from the front wheel drive's. and ijust havent seen that many of them floatin around ne way. Matter of fact before i got real serious bout mine i remembered shortly after i got it i was thinkin, it dawned on me i looked at it like 3 months before hand and said i didnt want it cause it was front wheel drive, lol.

Comment

I've been craving a larger 80s on a rwd chassis for the last few months, but can't see FWD being popular.

Comment

If the 86 fwd is going to be the next big collectable, trade him for his 1959 !

Comment

Not so sure about the collectable thing but I think the fwd's have an advantage if your looking for a hearse as a daily driver. I love the gas mileage of mine,pushin 22.5 on my road trips from jobsite to jobsite but when it comes to a nice playtoy I'm definetely goin older and keepin this one as my daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGEVIL View Post
                    If the 86 fwd is going to be the next big collectable, trade him for his 1959 !
                    DO IT!

Comment

Working...
                    X